Quick Poly, where to find it?

morego

Hi everybody, where can I find this "plugin" called Quick Poly? is it not inside LW:

It creates a polygon from a bunch of selected points, no matter the order and the most weird thing, no matter if there are other points selected in the background that are not going to belong to the new poly.

Since in the video and in the comment below they say it is shortcut "p", make poly, (I had used thousands of times), the behaviour is obviously not that of common "make poly", specially when ignoring points selected in the background.

Thanks!

There is even easier way to create new polygon: EasyMesh http://easymesh.trueart.eu
You just click RMB+CTRL key on the edge like this:
EasyMesh_8.gif

I think that is the edges 2 poly command, under polygons/more...edges2 poly.
In point mode, select area around open hole for instance, and you may even pick points not needed around it, it will still just close the edges around it.
Usually you would mostly just be in edge mode, select edges manually or with edge loop perhaps, then use edge to polys and it will cap/close the hole.

so it´s not something that is called quick poly.

No need for a plugin, no need to waste money...for this kind of simple stuff.

Hi morego

i've found that it doesn't always work.
but, make sure there is a loop selected (purple color)

View attachment 153962
Do you know exactly why it doesn´t work...all the time?
I mean, when you use right mouse button and drag a counter clockwise movement around the area, or a clockwise movement, you often select some points in excess, but at the same time it seems to
treat the open edges as an edge loop selection and perform a make poly nicely anyway.
And you just woke up?...I´m about to shut down.

Do you know exactly why it doesn´t work...all the time?
no, unfortunately not.
i have no idea at the moment.
maybe due to - 1 point poly - 2 point poly - Ngons.... unsure. i have no idea really.
B8QSFA7.gif

And you just woke up?...I´m about to shut down.
yeah.... woke up 2am... i'm a total wreck these days.
bcwLfNX.gif

soon to watch some Ukraine news.

ukr.png

no, unfortunately not.
i have no idea at the moment.
maybe due to - 1 point poly - 2 point poly - Ngons.... unsure. i have no idea really.
B8QSFA7.gif

yeah.... woke up 2am... i'm a total wreck these days.
bcwLfNX.gif

soon to watch some Ukraine news.

View attachment 153963

ahh..just try again with disciplin on routines.
in bed now eating a little..and actually watching BBC world news and ucraine reports.
rainy morning..so goodnight for me.

From programming POV: "edge loop" is when edge has two and only two quad polygons. If edge has 1 or 3 polygons, or they are triangles or n-gons, edge loop won't work correctly (i.e. code can't decide where edge loop is going in the next iteration, because there is more than one good/optimal path)

"Open edge" is when edge has one and only one quad polygon.

Plugin created with old LWSDK, when there was no edge support, has to analyze geometry by hand, entire mesh must be scanned (therefor tools like Bandsaw are so slow).
After NewTek added edge support, programmer can/should use it instead.

Last edited:
Back