Presentation of 'Sequence' tools / editing and reducing TL:DR paragraphs

jeric_synergy

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
This is a purely presentational point:

The tools that are under the Sequence classification (in the Menu Editor) require some setup before working. For me, the manual/PDF presentation is not conducive to communicating the steps.

Here's the original text:

To use the Align tool, first activate the tool. Click on the point, edge center or polygon center of the
selected geometry that you wish to align, then click on the point, edge center or polygon center
that represents the target normal on the unselected geometry. All selected geometry will move so
that the first normal shares the same root as the target normal, and this geometry will also rotate
so that it faces the opposite direction of the target normal
.​

Here's what I suggest for such situations, with minimal editing (and adding Oxford commas):

To use the Align tool, first:
  • Select the geometry you want affected;
  • Activate the tool;
  • Click on the point, edge center, or polygon center of the selected geometry that you wish to align, then ;
  • Click on the point, edge center, or polygon center that represents the target normal on the unselected geometry.
  • All selected geometry will move so that the first normal shares the same root as the target normal, and this geometry will also rotate so that it faces the opposite direction of the target normal.
Be aware that the Gizmo associated with this tool can become obscured inside geometry, if your vuport is set to a solid display mode.

I think this is a clearer (and more accurate) description on how to use this particular tool. The sequence of steps is clearly delineated by the bullet points. My point is that the description of every tool that requires a sequence of steps should be clearly broken out, rather than buried in a wall of text.

Back