Powerpoint for lower thirds?

hartley

We are in the process of setting up the church with a VT3 and I'm a little unsure how to accomplish what we are wanting to do. The sermon slides and song lyrics are currently being done on powerpoint full screen (no video currently). We have decided on using a lower third for sermon notes, and possibly for praise song lyrics. They want to maintain using powerpoint for these lower thirds. Any ideas or alternatives of doing this with a VT3. We want to maintain two operators for video and these "slides". Thanks for the help!!

Hartley
[email protected]

*During a demo with my system this week we ran the song lyrics through a DDR as a DSK, an option for praise time but not so much for the sermon slides.

We sometimes use PowerPoint Slides as lower thirds in a live setting by keying out the other two thirds to be replaced with a live camera feed.

Thanks Randy! Do you have a template that you are using for that? I haven't actually done anying keying in a live environment so I dont know the process to be using. Just want to make sure we can accomplish what we're looking for. Thanks again!!

Hartley

We have a media computer that output a s-video source that sits on input 6 on the switcher. We have three live video feeds that sit on input 1, 2, & 3 on the switcher. The PowerPoint slides are built with a lower graphic and upper two-thirds with a solid color to key out(we use green). Put the live feed of your choice on the program bus and the PowerPoint slide on the key bus. Open the keyer and choose the solid color of the slide for keying. Turn keyer on and fine tune. You have to turn the key off in order to change live sources or use transitions. We put a few full screen slides in for these transitions.

Hope this helps

We just installed a Toaster as part of our new sanctuary. We were doing Powerpoint for lyrics before, but are now creating lower thirds in Photoshop and using DDR's to overlay them on our video stream.

We still use Powerpoint to display simple song words and chord changes on the rear wallscreen for the worship team.

You can use PowerPoint as a live character generator with this app, SimpleSupers.com. It generates an alpha channel to use with your Tricaster, ATEM or other production switcher. So you have key and fill with PowerPoint and all PPT animations out of your windows laptop. Very simple and cool.

Back