panel draw and raster issue

dpont

Hi,

I have an issue with a panel (lwpanel)
doing a progress bar (similar to laymon2 SDK sample),
a data variable is incremented in a looping function
and the progress bar is updated step by step in the panel
using a RENDER_CON function for this control.

This works well in LW 2018, but no more in LW 2019.
I have also a raster function with same progress effect, which fails too.
Is this related to new version of Raster functions?

Denis.

Show source code responsible for these actions.
What does it mean "it does not work".. ? crash? no progress bar? progress bar visible but not updating? etc. etc.
Sounds like you're drawing entire progress bar by yourself..

Did you try full panel refresh?
( *panelfuncs->draw )( panel, DR_REFRESH );

ps. I remember in the past, older LWSDK was returning normal structure with [....]Funcs, after update to newer LW, it started returning NULL for older global name.. Trying to use ( NULL )->func() obviously results in crash.
LW(...)Funcs *funcs = globalfunc( LW(...), GFUSE_TRANSIENT );
( *funcs->func )(); // CRASH (because funcs == NULL)
if( funcs != NULL ) ( *funcs->func )(); // LACK OF FUNCTIONALITY

ps2. I remember yet another issue in the past. After update of LW older global layout in LWSDK header has changed, trying to use old LWSDK includes to compile new code (or using old plugin on new LW), resulted in crash.

I tested both SDK, same issue in 2019.
no crash, just no render step by step.

Another related thing, the called function (with looping step progress) is attached to a button
in 2018 it is highlighted during the process, not in 2019, even if the process is completed in both cases with success,
so this is just an update issue, I can't handle it in my code.

Denis.

Last edited:
Developers should note that Help > Submit a Bug can be used to query with respect to development issues, if there seems to be a problem with using some aspect of the SDK.

Help > Submit a Feature Request can be used for SDK feature requests as well.

What I described here, is illustrated in a SDK sample,
and works well in one plugin with LW2018, so no problem with the SDK itself,
not working properly in LW2019, I have a real difficulty to make a bug report
with this, no crash, just a missing update/effect somewhere.

Denis.

I may be misunderstanding...

If we're saying there's a difficulty making a bug report because there's no crash to offer a bug report prompt, just go to Help->Submit a Bug Report.

What I described here, is illustrated in a SDK sample,
and works well in one plugin with LW2018, so no problem with the SDK itself,
not working properly in LW2019, I have a real difficulty to make a bug report
with this, no crash, just a missing update/effect somewhere.

Denis.

As long as the missing update/effect is repeatable the team should easily be able to locate and fix the issue, does not need to be a crasher. Recommend submitting a bug report.

I thought about a report via the system,
but as a coder of a third party plugin,
this is not as easy, I posted here, because as I always
I suspected also a specifity on my side (even if it is similar to laymon2)
because of context etc, so as far I know in these cases
there's always a need for discussing with a developer,

You know my email is blacklisted at NT, as I said to you Mr Baker,
what your IT sent as advice is not practical without administrator here,
changing some parameters may help, but this should
be tested by someone.

Denis.

Not being able to send and/or receive e-mails does not automatically means e-mail is blacklisted as you said.
There are various possible issues which could lead to unable to deliver e-mails.
It's unlikely that NewTek added entire @orange.fr to black list.
It's unlikely that NewTek added your specific [name]@orange.fr to black list.

I used to have my own SMTP/POP3 servers, and I know how difficult is to have reliable 100% e-mail system these days.
Dozen different ways to fight with spammers. My post servers were attacked every day by hackers, to send e-mails worldwide on my behalf.

Last edited:
(while my first question is still my priority)
The major difficulty is the process for fixing the blacklist,
after a request, but at an automatic address of the FAI,
which is used for all kind of issues like spams,
there's no guaranty to get a reply, since this has nothing to do with me,
there are indeed possible alternative servers or security parameters,
but this should be tested with the receiver,
with this paranoïac level setup
( this is also available on my firewall but I don't use it,
I track mainly the attachment and links).

What is funny is that I received the news of NT about LW2019
yesterday and my email software sent it directly to the "undesirable"
folder, no matter I was aware of it.

Denis.

What is funny is that I received the news of NT about LW2019
yesterday and my email software sent it directly to the "undesirable"
folder, no matter I was aware of it.

Read that mail carefully. There should be details why mail was treated as undesirable. (it might require to display headers in raw mode)

Take a look at this page:
https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=blacklist:orange.fr&run=toolpage#

This shows all the blacklists that orange.fr could be on (100+). But it is not simply a matter of the orange.fr domain. These blacklists can also apply to individual IP addresses (customers) or subsystems of orange.fr, which do not identify as the orange.fr domain.

So how are these blacklists managed? Not by NewTek. Most businesses like NewTek use third party network hardware or services that subscribe to these blacklists. It is part of an overall spam-fighting and network defense solution. The customer of these network products/services (ie. NewTek) does not have any control over the blacklists or the firewall unit they installed. If the customer wants to bypass the blacklist, they most often need to physically disconnect their firewall/filtering box and allow all other blocked spam to flow through.

When these blacklist situations are identified, it is the responsibility of the blacklisted party to prove to the blacklist maintainer that their system is not being exploited or misused anymore. There is nothing the receiver (NewTek) can do for the blacklist.

However, we've already discussed that communication is happening here in the forum and can be done through the bug/feature report system. So we have solutions if we choose to use them.

...So we have solutions if we choose to use them.

Did you read my post? ..this page is known, all what I can do has been done.
I'm glad you have solutions for you, but don't understand how that's help in my case,
except endlessly extending OT.

Denis.

pseudo code:
I simplified the process below
from the IFNE Viewer of Image Filter node editor.

process(inst)
{
inst->total = 100;
inst->step = 0;

for (i = 0....i++)
{
evaluation of the image
drawn in a raster

inst->step++;
RENDER_CON(control);//update or not!?
}

inst->step = 0;
RENDER_CON(control);
}

//the progress bar function set to control draw
ctl_mon( control , inst)
{
w = inst->step/inst->total;

then draw the box
}

//the function set to another control draw (drawing an image)
ctl_image( control , inst)
{
process(inst);
}

In the panel declaration
I set both controls with their respective userdraw function and userdata "inst"

This is updated properly in LW1018, not updated in LW2019 except final reinit of inst->step after the loop.

(if I make a pause in the process with a message info in the loop.
the bar is updated step by step, so the userdata is correctly passed trough the functions).

Denis.

Last edited:
I thought about a report via the system,
but as a coder of a third party plugin,
this is not as easy, I posted here, because as I always
I suspected also a specifity on my side (even if it is similar to laymon2)
because of context etc, so as far I know in these cases
there's always a need for discussing with a developer,

You know my email is blacklisted at NT, as I said to you Mr Baker,
what your IT sent as advice is not practical without administrator here,
changing some parameters may help, but this should
be tested by someone.

Denis.

HI, Denis!

Just to clarify, Orange.fr is blacklisted by Barracuda, which is one of the security vetting services that our IT rely on for the newtek.com domain security, so the orange.fr is affected for any domain using that service, not just us.

Regarding the programming problem - check your registration account for your license key so you can run in full mode instead of Trial. Then please test making a bug report on this topic with the feedback agent (that does not go through the NewTek domain), so we can get a developer on the case for you. If it does not successfully go through, we'll see why not, and get LightWave IT on the issue.

Edit: And we think we found a workaround for the security blacklist. I've sent an email, if your reply bounces let me know here, and we'll have IT keep on it to work it out.

Also: do you get bounces if you try to email lightwave3d.com addresses?

Last edited:
I pay for mine,
orange is the historical and one of major FAI here,
and efficient for all my messages since 20 years,
who is complicating things?

Denis.
Evidently someone has been abusing orange.fr, since a major SPAM service used by organizations all over the world currently rates that domain as "Poor". In similar fashion, if NewTek's outgoing emails are reported as problematic, emails from newtek.com are affected. When that happens, we take steps to resolve any real issue and report this to the service, who in turn lifts the cautionary rating.

It's a nuisance when many are harmed by the actions of as few as one malefactor. It's not unusual, though; airport security checks interfere with my travel experience, and there are countless other examples. At least the email problem is more easily resolved, in this case by your service provider taking the proper steps. (Of course NewTek can make an exception, but all that accomplishes is let you email NewTek. Your email to any other contacts relying on the same service for spam or malware protection would still be hindered. The right way to fix this issue is to address it at the root level.)

Back