Operations and Expressions in macros

leo.yon

Hi @kanep and @SBowie, I would like to use operations and expressions in macros for some problems. But I have not been able to find an example in the Automation and Integration Guide to help me do this. For example, I have three compositions saved in an ME, and when one of them is scaled to a certain value, a name bar or a lower third will appear, and I don't know how to write these statements in macros edit in a certain way. I don't know how to write these statements in macros edit in what way. For example, how to write in shortcut cell, what to write in value cell, can you write a specific example for my reference, thanks in advance!

To do what you are asking requires 3 macros. The first macro will pull the value of the scale parameter, do a comparison and from the result choose which macro to run.

Here is the macro command, it is complex but I broke out the aspects. I'm taking the M/E1 Row A, scale X value and multiplying it by 100 (to get value of 0 to 100) then checking if that number is below 50. If true, then I set the local macro variable titleresult with the string value of 'TitleON' and if false I set the variable with the string value of 'TitleOFF'

Then on the next line I run a macro with the name contained in the variable titleresult. Which will run a macro with the name 'TitleON' or 'TitleOFF'.

1713301466728.png

The other two macros are perform the action you want to perform. You can see the two macros named TitleON and TitleOFF, each one will set the status of the keyer in question. They don't have to be in the same folder, but make sure you don't duplicate the names anywhere else with the macros on the system.

1713301616150.png

Thank you very much for such a clear illustration of the example, I will explore the possibilities based on your example, thanks again!

Back