Node Editing...in SpeedEDIT

Are you talking about nodes for composting like Digital Fusion?

If so, I completely agree. I've worked on Avid DS and that was my favorite aspect of the system, the ability to build just about anything that I could of using the effects on a node tree. I just found out that Lightworks has this ability as well.

Yup, since I switched to LightWorks I was very happy to learn it used nodes for their video effects. I got introduced to nodes thanks to LightWave so the transition nodes in Lightworks was pretty easy.

Nodes are awesome.

Audio node editing

Specifically I was editing audio volume envelopes in SpeedEDIT...no more missig or hard to find keyframes!

I've talked to people that most likely have a longer resume than I do and still don't know what the benefits of a node workflow is. I feel a little bit sad about that.

I've talked to people that most likely have a longer resume than I do and still don't know what the benefits of a node workflow is. I feel a little bit sad about that.

Well Shawn is talking about a different kind of node system that SE uses. That's more focused on keyframed spline aspects of SE editing. Things like motion, audio volume, etc. This is is different to nodes as used in LightWave and some other 3D and VFX software.

The best comparison I can think of is using layers based vfx tools like After Effects vs a nodes based vfx tools like Fusion. The visual representation of what's going on in an effect (or effects) that's been applied to a shot is so much more clearer and easier to follow than a layers based tool. When you have multiple effects applied to a shot, working out what impact one effect is having on another gets time consuming and difficult the more effects you add.

Nodes make it A LOT easier to follow complicated effects.

And that's a MAJOR benefit.

Last edited:
Back