New CG designer bugs to add to the old. Good Job.

steveg

The CG designer in 5.2 has more serious problems than in 5.0. When you type text then go back to insert new text the text does not type where the curser is located. it sometimes double spaces. There are major buffer issues. Sometimes a still page will not save to png. This is rediculous considering how lame the cg is compaired to other cgs on the market. The improvements are minimal and the new problems are so obvious that I can't believe beta testers caught nothing. I asked to be a betaTester and NewTek never responded. I would have caught all these problems in the first day. Thanks NewTek now we have to live with a bunch of new problems for 6 more months to a year. And they could have been avoided if NewTek had let me be a BetaTester. Everyone can thank NewTek for this one. I also found several things in SpeedEditVT that I reported long ago that they didn't bother to fix either. Another year on that too.

did you talk to tech support? ive been having similar problems with cgs - in fact, they prevent me from using vt5.2 for much of anything. i talked to a girl at tech support, and she was having trouble reproducing the bugs.
perhaps it is due to our hardware? what are your computer specs?

my original thread on my issues is:
http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89973
and you might be interested in this bug report:
https://secure.newtek.com/FogBugz/default.asp?15441_crn5iou1
tho, 5.2 at least fixed the pasting bug.

unfortunately, last week was extremely busy, im hoping this week ill have some time to reinstall 5.2 and try to narrow down some causes for the bugs...

sure Jeff. Type a few cg pages. duplicate them. Then choose a line of text and replace a word or 2 in a line. The spaces start to double space and the new text you type will begin to typa a letter or 2 ahead of where you place the cursor. a lot of strange things.

Sorry, I can't seem to duplicate this one.

When you say "replace a word or 2" are you selecting then deleting and then typing or backspacing then re-typing or selecting and typing over. This may make a difference.

I seem to have the same issue as well. I opened a previous saved scrolling page that I used on a wedding and wanted to reuse the format for another wedding. When I scroll down the page and try and insert the cursor to edit, it will not show the cursor mark. The only way that I can ensure that I am on the portion that I need to edit, I have to select an area of the text and then make my edit. Now understand that the other file was created in 5.0. I have not seen this problem with stationary pages though, everything there works well. Don't know if anyone else can duplicate this problem.

So try it again with a file created in 5.2. I've tied everything I could think of to trigger this issue but It's working fine for me. I rarely use scroll pages so something like this could easily get past me during testing.

It's best if you can distill down a bug to a step by step procedure that will reproduce the bug as reliably as possible. Steo by step bug reports will make it easy for NewTek to track them down and fix.

Today, the problem was really driving me nuts. I will try and nail down an exact proceedure to the problem and then file a bug report.

did you talk to tech support? ive been having similar problems with cgs - in fact, they prevent me from using vt5.2 for much of anything. i talked to a girl at tech support, and she was having trouble reproducing the bugs.
perhaps it is due to our hardware? what are your computer specs?

my original thread on my issues is:
http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89973
and you might be interested in this bug report:
https://secure.newtek.com/FogBugz/default.asp?15441_crn5iou1
tho, 5.2 at least fixed the pasting bug.

unfortunately, last week was extremely busy, im hoping this week ill have some time to reinstall 5.2 and try to narrow down some causes for the bugs...

lol
funniest forum ever i might stick with it years ahead

Back