Need to output seperate Left and Right files for Stereoscopy 3D

reddyr

3DMotionPictures Director
How can I render 2 output files, a Left and a Right for S3D

I am using Field Stereo under the Image Processing window and I have enabled Stereoscopic rendering for the Camera properties.
I have tried many other things such as apply anaglph filter but the AVI output file that LW renders is just a jittery video.

Seems like this is advertizied as a great feature of LW and there is no good documentation or tutorials on how to do this.

I am using LW10

Please help
Thanks
ravi

If you need just two output files, dont use 'Apply Anaglyph Filter'. Just 'Stereoscopic Rendering', thats all. When you hit F10 with Autosave, LW will save L and R images separatelly.
And remember that LW is not designed for composing work.

Where is AutoSave with Render?

I am in Layout, I see F10 to render the Scene but I don't see AutoSave with Render.
I know in Modeller we have incremental Save for Objects
In Layout there is incremenatal Save Scene

The online Help search did not bring up any section for AutoSave for Layout.

Could you please tell me how to save Left and Right files, what are the exact steps?
I am using LW10. I bought this program for this purpose and it seems like it can be done and I don't know how?

I have removed the Anaglph filter I still see jittery output, I am just rendering to an AVI file. I was hoping to this was very simple.

Thanks for your help

Go to "Render" tab. Find "Options" and click "Render Globals".
Then find "Otput" tab in popup window and choose "Save RGB", and choose the place where the files will be written.
I hope that will solve your problem.
And remember that for unknown reasons, stereo is not working with "Photoreal Motion Blur". I have no idea why.

Attachments

• LW10_RenderGlobals.png
    LW10_RenderGlobals.png
    63.6 KB · Views: 730
Thanks Mruk, That did it.
I got 60 frames = 60 x 2 images of left and right files.
I was hoping I will just get 2 video files, there are 2 images per frame = 120 files

Now I will figure out how to convert this into 2 video files in CS5 After Effects.
I thought LW could just give me 2 video files L and R.

No problem I will figure it out
I am farther than where I started.
Thanks for your help
ravi

At the Output-Tab of the Rendering Globals you can also choose Movie Files as output-target. Play around with it, there are many options.

I usually output jpg files (or png if I need an Alpha Channel) and then just import the files as a numbered sequence to After Effects or Final Cut. Should work with any Video editor.

How can I render 2 output files, a Left and a Right for S3D

I am using Field Stereo under the Image Processing window and I have enabled Stereoscopic rendering for the Camera properties.
I have tried many other things such as apply anaglph filter but the AVI output file that LW renders is just a jittery video.

Seems like this is advertizied as a great feature of LW and there is no good documentation or tutorials on how to do this.

I am using LW10

Please help
Thanks
ravi

LightWave10s stereoscopic saving functions are at this time(this has been fogged by several people now I guess), busted. However there is hope.
1. exrTrader - The latest version of exrTrader by db-w (Mike Wolf) allows for Stereoscopic saving correctly in LightWave
2. UberCam from Liberty3d.com allows for side by side rendering (www.liberty3d.com) into a single image. There are some draw backs to this (flares and certain things like sasquatch dont work) however there are some unique advantages to this (speed of rendering) and Fusion6's anaglyph tool can automatically take an image of this type and turn it into stereoscopic with two clicks. Our Stereoscopic camera, part of the ubercam package produces what are called "horizontally stacked" images and these are pretty industry standard to deal with.
3. Wait for the next build of LW10 as I am sure this is going to get fixed.

Go to "Render" tab. Find "Options" and click "Render Globals".
Then find "Otput" tab in popup window and choose "Save RGB", and choose the place where the files will be written.
I hope that will solve your problem.
And remember that for unknown reasons, stereo is not working with "Photoreal Motion Blur". I have no idea why.

UberCam deals with PRMB with no problems in our Stereoscopic Camera and our Multi-Camera cameras. So if you are having issues on that front and need it right away, I suggest you check it out for those cameras alone, but we have 13 cameras in total in our package and they are very very handy.

yeah u just chose in camera tab Stereoscopic . and u just choose ur file render output (images) because when u used output as movie its format (avi or ex...) u cant do ur composite (because all included in format video). but when u choose ans images (rgb) u can do u composite after render :D . its very easy and simple . and u have abbility to the left render and right render . u need seperatelly when u choose render output as images RGB in lw output . u have left file and right file seperatelly. that it.

u dont need to ask anyone in forum i think u can find it with your self its so easy :D . its just do small test and mybe without radiosity to just see the result and mybe camera zise 25 pour 100 "640 X 480". no antialising ex.. when u done . u can go crazy with your render setup :D

Cheers

and if u want to used anaglyph u can use other package like AE ex... NE , FN , but i think its easy with AFFterEffect .

yeah u just chose in camera tab Stereoscopic . and u just choose ur file render output (images) because when u used output as movie its format (avi or ex...) u cant do ur composite (because all included in format video). but when u choose ans images (rgb) u can do u composite after render :D . its very easy and simple . and u have abbility to the left render and right render . u need seperatelly when u choose render output as images RGB in lw output . u have left file and right file seperatelly. that it.

u dont need to ask anyone in forum i think u can find it with your self its so easy :D . its just do small test and mybe without radiosity to just see the result and mybe camera zise 25 pour 100 "640 X 480". no antialising ex.. when u done . u can go crazy with your render setup :D

Cheers

Doesn't work in LW10 over LWSN. That was part of the point of the discussion.

Back