Need to convert NT25 video files

mrceolla

Sorry for posting this here again, but perhaps where I initially posted was a bad spot.

I have a bunch of video files in the NT25 format, created with VT5 (basically SpeedEdit). I found and downloaded the codecs for my new Windows 10 machine. Windows Media Player can play the files, but nothing else. None of the video conversion apps I've tried can even read the files. I no longer have my VT5 machine.

I'm hoping someone here can lead me to a conversion app or utility for these NT25 files, so that I don't loose them. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Hello, have you been able to convert them? I still use VT5 and would be willing to try and help you out. You would need to send me one to test. How many files do you have to convert?

Hi Marty01! Sorry, I didn't get a notification about your reply and hadn't checked back until now. I appreciate your willingness to help, but it's quite a few relatively large files. I don't know how I would be able to get them to you short of mailing a hard drive. I was kinda hoping NewTek had developed a conversion tool for these files, or maybe has a piece of software that works on Windows 10 that I could install in trial mode just to do the conversion. I have old VT5 and SpeedEdit install media, but I figured it wouldn't work in Windows 10, especially VT5 without the video card capture/output.

Your right, I don't think VT5 will run under Win 10. What file format do you want them converted to? If you would like, you could maybe upload one to my Dropbox and I could do it and you could then download it as a test. Just let me know. Haven't used Dropbox in awhile so I would need to get it working.

Thanks,
Marty

SpeedEdit reads NT25 files. Put them on a timeline and render as a folder full of numbered still files for the best quality. Other programs will likely read these folders as video clips. Render your preferred format from there.

SpeedEdit reads NT25 files. Put them on a timeline and render as a folder full of numbered still files for the best quality. Other programs will likely read these folders as video clips. Render your preferred format from there.

Does SpeedEdit work in Windows 10? I was under the assumption that it does not. I haven't actually tried due to that assumption.

Marty, I really appreciate the offer, but it's 33gb across 10 files and I don't want to bother you with all that. Plus, some of the videos are embarrassingly bad high school and college projects that I was digitizing :) Thanks though!

Does SpeedEdit work in Windows 10? I was under the assumption that it does not. I haven't actually tried due to that assumption.
I have SpeedEdit installed under Win10 and it works to an extent. Some things are a bit shakey and I haven't attempted an actual project but I use it to do simple things like recovering my SpeedHQ file masters.

I have license key info for v1.x. I assume that key won't work on v2. However, if the v2 download is the only one that works, and has a trial period, I'm sure that would be enough. @donx are you using v1 or v2?

To close this out, I ended up installing a trial of SE2 and started trimming and re-rendering my NT25 files to a different format. I ran out of trial time before finishing what I needed to do and no matter how hard I tried and begged Newtek to create and sell me a SE2 key, they said they could not. Technically impossible. That seemed odd to me. I lost a bit of work in SE2. I then installed my copy of SE1, updated it fully, couldn't register until contacting Newtek support when they issues me a new key for my new hardware (hmmm), and finally was pleased to see I could do what I needed without time constraints. The interface is very sluggish while working with these files. I don't remember that from back in the day. Definitely not "speedy" anymore.

Anyway, I appreciate everyone's replies and help.

Back