Need an easy(?) script for VT5... will pay

Jim_C

We've got it simple.
Anyone wanna make a quick $25 to their PayPal account? I think that seems fair for what is needed.

I require a simple script that pops up a message box whenever anyone hits the 'RECORD' button on the capture panel.

The box should say 'MUTE!!!'

It doesn't have to affect any functions, just pop up a box in the middle of the screen that says 'MUTE!!!' when the RECORD button is pressed.

The user can then click OK or whatever to exit the message box, but the record should start when it was initially pressed and continue as normal.

Any questions or such let me know here or you can PM me.

Thanks a bunch,
Jim

If I may ask what are you trying to MUTE then the record is pressed? Jef could make you this script and most likley MUTE whatever needs to be muted (even something external)

If I may ask what are you trying to MUTE then the record is pressed?

Hi Brett,

Yes you may ask.. and my answer is nothing... :D

Actually the 'MUTE!!' means UN-MUTE and is just a reminder to the operators who can't seem to remember to un-mute the audio inputs before recording.

Due to the type of set up we have, we have to mute the incoming channels on the SX84 during awards, and then unmute them when we start recording again. Although I have the audio mixer dead center screen with the big yellow and red bars popping (or not) right in front of them, they still manage to forget quite often.

So the message is really just a reminder and I guess proper semantics should say UNMUTE, but they will get the hint (hopefully).

I was thinking of asking for one that would check and unmute the needed channels when record was pressed ... but that got a little too convoluted.
It's a shame I even have to do this because it's really just because the guys aren't paying proper attention.

Jim

Maybe a remote control cattle prod with extra strong batteries. :)

You would not be able to script the mute/unmute on the audio mixer because there is no toaster script available on the audio mixer.

I might be able to come up with the pop up box but I will not have time to look at it for a few weeks.

That's easy. Send the reward to my PayPal. :D

Put following code (or download here: View attachment 76273) as C:\Program Files\NewTek\VT5\Skins\RecordPanel2\Tabs\Record\User Scripts\Warn.ToasterScript

Code:
//
// Warning before Record in Capture panel
// by Chen Pan, AnimLab (c) 2009
//
//

CreateControl(0 108 108 "SkinControl_SubControl_Layers"):{		// When this button is pressed, jump to next skin
	MouseInside=false
	Pressed=false

SetUpLayer() = { 
		if (Pressed) {
			if (MouseInside) SetLayer(2)
			else             SetLayer(0)
		}
		else {
			if (MouseInside) SetLayer(2)
			else             SetLayer(0)
		}
	}

AddCallback("MouseEnter",code(
 		MouseInside=true 
		SetUpLayer() 
	))
	AddCallback("MouseExit", code(
		MouseInside=false
		SetUpLayer() 
	))
	AddCallback("MouseLButtonClick", code(
		Pressed=true
		SetUpLayer() 
		MessageBox("Mute!")
		if (!IsRecording()) Record()
	))
	AddCallback("MouseLButtonRelease", code(
		Pressed=false
		SetLayer(0)
	))
}

Enjoy it!

Attachments

• Warm.rar
    459 bytes · Views: 349
That's easy. Send the reward to my PayPal. :D

Chen!! My man comes thru again!!!
Thanks so much.

:thumbsup:

I just purchased your Speed Edit Mosaic plug in from your site, but consider that payment for this. Don't worry about emailing the plug in.
This is the second time you have helped me out and I want that to go towards compensation for your help.

thanks again Chen,

Jim

Jim,
You are welcome. It is my pleaseure to help anyone.
As a friend in the internet, the Mosaic filter was just send out to you as a gift. Hope you like it.

You know given your problems you are having try changing one part of Chen's code

MessageBox("Mute!")

To:
MessageBox("WAKE UP DUMB ***, I'm paying you good money press the stupid Mute Button Already!!")

But hey that is just my 2 cents...

Back