Need a Tricaster script - not sure its entirely possible

DeanAU

Hey guys,

I need to assign a hotkey to bring cameras 1 and 2 with a half vertical wipe transition (like a 50/50 vertical split screen)?

Is this possible?

Yes it is. Do you need to assign the cameras with the hotkey, or just bring the wipe halfway?

Ah - you want to cut to this transition, already at 50%? No, that can't be done in a script. The transition could be popped from 0% direct to 50%, but you'd have to switch the program bus first - so you'd go from Camera 3 to camera 1 to split between cameras 1 and 2.

This could be done with a custom LiveSet that creates a split screen between the input and the FX bus. Put that LiveSet on Camera 1, and put Camera 2 on FX, then you could cut from Camera three to the 1/2 split, or even transition to it with a DVE.

Probably not much more than a frame or two, I would think. Depends in part on how responsive the system is.

I have a AudioFollowVideo plugin I am just about ready to release to the TriCaster public. I have a couple small things still to work out. I have a couple clients using it now. Been tied up with a large project, now that that is done I hope to get some other items finished up. Email me for for more information and to put you on the release list.

DeanAU,

Following is the script code you want.
Save it to
C:\Program Files\NewTek\VT5\Skins\TabbedSwitcher\User Scripts\TwoCam_Vert.ToasterScript

Use Ctrl-i to switch to cam 1 and 2 vertical split.
Use Ctrl-o to switch back to last PGM channel.

You have to modify the DVE path and PGM/PVW channel number as needed.

HTML:
#include "..\\Common\\Functions.ToasterScript"

LastPGM = GetProgramRow()

CreateShortCut	("Ctrl i", code(
// Save old PGM row
	LastPGM = GetProgramRow()+1
// Change the path of your DVE
	LoadDVE("C:\\Program Files\\NewTek\\VT5\\DVEs\\Wipes\\LeftToRightEdge.dve")
	WaitForDVEToBeLoaded()
// Set PGM to 1, and PVW to 2, modify as you need
	SetPreviewRow(2)
	SetProgramRow(1)
// jump to half transition position
	ts_JumpHalfwayTBar()
), "OrderedFocus", KbdPriority)

CreateShortCut	("Ctrl o", code(
// Restore last PGM row
	SetProgramRow(LastPGM)
// reset transition position
	SetTBarPosition(0)
), "OrderedFocus", KbdPriority)

If you like it, donate a USD$10 to my PayPal account is appreciated. That will encourage us to help more VT users.

Back