NDI SDK v5.6.0 - Frequent Crashing via NDIlib_send_destroy

pmulvey99

This is using the latest version 5.6.0 of the NDI SDK, running Windows 11 x64.

When the function NDIlib_send_destroy is called, very frequently we will experience a memory access violation within the NDI library, which crashes the software. This occurs in one of the Processing.NDI.Lib.x64.dll threads.

The error call stack as shown using WinDbg:

call_stack.png

We are using synchronous functions NDIlib_send_send_video_v2 and NDIlib_send_send_audio_v2 to send data to the NDI library. I can also confirm we are guarding these function calls with a mutex for thread safety. I believe this should rule out any issues related to freeing of memory which has been passed to the NDI library?

If I look at the call stack for the NDIlib_send_destroy function call at this moment, according to WinDbg:

stop_call_stack.png

I assume NDIlib_send_create is executed by NDIlib_send_destroy? This is simply the code at our end:

stop_code.png

Other relevant information may include the fact that a call to NDIlib_recv_destroy will have executed shortly beforehand. When running, the receive is performed via NDIlib_recv_capture_v2. During lifetime of the application, both send and receive of data to the NDI library are being executed. At the point of the crash however, the receive has been shutdown at our end, but perhaps the fact this was previously in operation is relevant?

If I can provide any further information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Many thanks,
Paul

Back