NDI not routing

radioactiveman

Good day everyone.

TL/DR: NDI not routing from PC-1 to PC-2 but works from PC-2 to PC1. And the NDI sources work perfectly with previewing them directly on the same computer using studio monitor they just don't work when being routed through any software from PC1 to PC2.

Now on to the detail explanation...

I'm having issues getting NDI from one PC to another.

Here's the scenario...
PC-1 runs all of the sources (2x NDI Cameras, 2x USB cameras, logos, etc). We're using OBS for the routing. It gets set to PC-2 via NDI output from OBS, received using the NDI Webcam and then piped into Zoom. This has worked for about 2 years. I was really happy with it.

Then I had to update my encoders/decoders so I could use them with the setup if need be. That meant I needed to update the NDI and OBS software on the PCs and subsequently the cameras. All the updates went great.

Now I can't get NDI video from PC-1 to PC-2. I can see the source in the list whether I'm using OBS of NDI Studio Monitor but them image is just black. I have disabled windows firewall, disabled the antivirus that's on both and still nothing. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled all the software. Funny thing is, I can get NDI video from PC-2 to PC-1 without any issues. Cue me pulling out my hair for the last 2 weeks.

I have added exceptions to the windows firewall for all the software being used. I have all the software set to run as administrator. I have also made sure that the network falls under "private" instead of "unidentified"

Another data point...on both PCs I can see and use the NDI signal directly from an encoder that's setup but when I tried route is from PC-1 it doesn't work.

The two computers are using a standalone Netgear gigabit, dumb switch (GS108PP).

Normally I would I just port this issue on an OBS forum and look for help but here's the kicker...The same issue happens when using NDI Router, or test pattern which leads me to believe this is an NDI issue. Lets be honest it's most likely a PC issue but I'm willing to look at anything.

I'm at my wits end. Please let me know if I'm missing anything. I have the rack sitting on my test bench ready to try anything.

Software versions...
NDI 5.6.1.0
OBS 30.0.2
NDI for OBS 4.13..0

I hope that not too confusing.

Back