Ndi 6 is available

Hi Joe.

no unexpected surprises, yet !
Here the 6.0.0.0 release notes (including all previous 5.x.x.x too:geek: )

Attachments

• NDI Changes 6.0.0.0.pdf
    124.6 KB · Views: 15
I've installed NDI 6 on almost all of my systems as well. I think the big improvements of NDI 6 we will see after manufactures have more time to work with it. Namely HDR support and the Embedded NDI Bridge which can be running inside a hardware device (like a PTZ camera).

About NDI 6 I have 8 NDI Panasonic cameras and I'm using the Magewell NDI to HDMI and HDMI to NDI adapters. If I upgrade my TC 2 to NDI 6, will I have any issues wth those devices since they aren't running 6 and I'm not sure when they may be updated with firmware or if they will be. Thanks.

Ugrading your TC2 with a TC2 SW Update build will install (in the background) a NDI Rundtime Library this TC2 SW build will work with.

If you install ´on top´ NDI Tools on unit (which you can do), this will not affect/update this NDI Runtime library the TC2 SW still will work with on unit until you install another TC SW build.

NDI 6 is backwards compatible with previous versions and devices. I'm using it with Connect Spark and PTZ1 cameras (both NDI-HX1). As mentioned, updating NDI Tools will not change the version of NDI that the TriCaster is using (that will occur when the TriCaster software itself is updated).

NDI Bridge 6 is NOW Compatible was AMD Radeon (TM) 610M Chip ☺️

Last edited:
Back