NC2 I/O no NDI output after software update

Sol9232

Hi!

I couldn't find anyone mentioning this rather critical problem, but when I upgraded our NC2 I/O to the latest software version found on Newtek's or Vizrt's website (I know, quite late date for upgrading something released in 2022), I found out that SDI inputs are not anymore published as NDI sources to the network (inputs do work since they are visible on the multiviewer). What is more interesting is that NDI KVM source is the only source announced (and it works too, I think it did not work earlier, could it be conflicting somehow?).

I tried to uninstall, reboot, and reinstall, but no change... I do have some earlier version installer available, and I will probably try to install it to see if it fixes this, but I do want to be up to date at some point.

Would like to know a bit more about the maintenance of the OS, should I let it connect to internet and run Windows updates too? User guide does not have anything regarding maintaining the base OS or even best practices for updating NC2 IO software.

I don't mean to be rude here, it is my fault that I touched a working system, but hopefully we can gather some good knowledge in this thread :)

I wonder if something is configured in NDI Access Manager. Perhaps an NDI Group? If this was configured incorrectly, it could result in what you are describing.

Hi!

There is only Public group configured, and it will populate back if removed. Is there a method to see "other" groups, like watching mDNS with Wireshark?

Public is the default group and will be automatically entered if you delete all other groups. If the groups aren't the issue, then the next think to look at is firewall settings. Make sure the network type is set to 'Private' and perhap disable the Window's firewall to see if that makes any difference.

I've used a free tool called 'All My Lan' available in the Microsoft Store, which allows you to see all mDNS services on the network.

1709160490143.png

1709160499393.png

Hi!

I installed Wireshark on the machine and noticed that for some reason, NC2IO software stops responding to mDNS pretty soon it is started, and it kinda throws up some queued answers when I close the software. So something is preventing NC2IO software from responding to mDNS queries. It announces everything correct and responds to queries for about 30 seconds after starting, and then stops. For the record, version in this case is 7-8-220728 Mark D.

I'd have to recommend contacting support. I have a NC1 I/O (not NC2 I/O) running the same software build (7-8-220728), I can see the I/O sources on my NDI network using mDNS.

What is the recommended way of contacting support? I am not sure if we have paid support, so is there a general communication channel where I could chime in? Phone number?

Okay, support didn't actually help much, but then I gathered some courage and installed latest NDI Tools to the machine and after that everything started working correctly again!

Back