Multitalented individual for grunt work studio job in SFBay area.

ShadowMystic

J.D.Lowe
I can model, composite, animate simple character sequences, cook and clean.

I am willing to do any of the most menial tasks for the chance to learn.

Commercial licenses I own:
Adobe's Production Premium
Lightwave3d v11
Mixcraft

Proficient:
Lightwave 3D
Photoshop
After Effects

Moderate Experience:
Illustrator
Indesign
Mixcraft

Learning:
3DS MAX
Unity 3D
Blender
Remainder of Adobe Suite
ZBrush

Www.youtube.com/user/shadowmysticstudio

I haven't a demoreel yet. What I have is all on my youtube channel. If there is something specific you want to see I'll focus on the and get a reel out before I move.

So what happened to the restaurant work then eh?:)

After six years, I've come to realize people don't appreciate those that make their food only t hose that pour their drinks. The pay is lousy and the hours are long. I want to do what I love. Even if the pay is still lousy and the hours are long. :help:

I may not be an expert, but I believe I'm pretty good for learning all on my own. I had two years in graphic design in college. It gave me some foundation and structure but when we got to animation I knew more about the technical aspects than the teacher. He asked why we didn't do things like FreddieW, but I held my tongue when I wanted to ask how? On the imacs barely fit for home use? Or thSte limited version of final cut?

I decided I wanted to go to DAVE school. That fell through with financing, but I spoke with Steve Warner(lunch, in fact.) He said I could find a job in california. So that's what I'm trying to do.

No one can give a young, driven artist a chance?

Six years ago, one restauraunt owner gave me my first chance at a job as a grill cook. My skills were unrefined, but, with strict training, I became their second most skilled cook under a man whom been in a kitchen since my age, 30 years before. In kind, I spent four years in that kitchen before leaving for college. More loyal than any hound, I never submitted another application despite kitchen tempuratures of 120 degrees in summer month.

Now, I need one more chance. Not to prove my skill with a knife or spatula but a chance to show my technique with Photoshop, After Effects, and 3d modeling. I am ever improving and expanding my skillset, constantly practicing with rigging characters and animation.

If you are willing to give a young artist a place to work and learn,I will repay your risk with extreme loyalty. Compensate me fairly for ever increasing skill level, and I'll be yours for life.

If you are willing to give a young artist a place to work and learn,I will repay your risk with extreme loyalty. Compensate me fairly for ever increasing skill level, and I'll be yours for life.

Jeez ShadowM, in any industry don't go there. I did 25 years in the food biz and know well how loyalty amounts to zero.

Look at Anthony Bourdain who runs a decent restaurant by day, as it were and writes by night so to speak, author of kitchen confidential which is a good read for anyone who knows the sh*t you get up to on the job.

Some dipwit employer ain't gonna solve your problem by you crawling up his or her proverbial a*se. Take a leaf out of the food biz book on how to get the freakin job you applied for by walking in and taking the damn thing you don't really want anyway:)

Back