Missing Buttons in Texture Editor

Arnie

Hi there.
I have Lightwave 2020 installed on Windows 10. When I go from the surface editor to the
texture editors essentially they work but the buttons marked "Use Texture" and "Remove Texture"
that should be at the bottom of each one are missing so I cannot use or delete them.
The installation was by the drag and drop method and I have not connected the dongle.
I am hoping someone can help me out here.

Arnie

W/o seeing specifically, try dragging the window size out. Positioning where you like and then CLOSING it will bring it back to that size and position next time it gets opened. So for the Surface Editor, size, position the close, then hitting F5 (default hot key) will re-open it.

W/o seeing specifically, try dragging the window size out. Positioning where you like and then CLOSING it will bring it back to that size and position next time it gets opened. So for the Surface Editor, size, position the close, then hitting F5 (default hot key) will re-open it.
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, although I can position the cursor to reveal the arrow pointing downward to drag the bottom of the window down it will not move down but can pull it up.

screen-grab.jpg

The surface editor I can pull out horizontally and vertically but the texture editor I can only pull horizontally but not vertically. The bottom buttons are definitely not there.

....When I go from the surface editor to the texture editors essentially they work but the buttons marked "Use Texture" and "Remove Texture"
that should be at the bottom of each one are missing so I cannot use or delete them...

There are no more buttons. If you want to delete a texture, you can simply press the blue "T" in the Surface Editor while holding down the Shift key. The "T" turns gray again and the texture is removed/deleted.

BTW: In LW 2020 you should best use the Principled BSDF material. :)

ciao
Thomas

Back