MacOS ventura

Akeron

Hi guys!
Just wondering if anyone has any info on what will/might happen with LW2020 and MacOS Ventura. Will it work? I am looking at other options and started learning Blender just in case but the UI is kinda different and I am just so used to LW. I got 2019 for Mac right now and not sure if I should upgrade... some things don't seem to work properly for me, like the reduce Polys option but I can live without that. Been a fan for many years and I can do what I need to do for my work very quickly in LW so just wondering when it will just stop working!

I've read other threads where people have said there is not dev team working on LW... Does this include small updates for compatibility? Any input is appreaciated

thanks!

Until the new MacOS version is released, nobody knows.

LW2020 works AFAIK in Catalina, Big Sur, Monterrey and on M1/2 Macs.
I have stayed on Mojave where all works fine.

If there are GUI problems, you can continue to work (edit stuff) on old machine, and use LWSN/Queue on new machine to have faster render. Have both machines rendering at the same time. Sequence will be done faster.

Thanks guys. Was hoping someone had some knowledge of the Lightwave team or whatever is left of Newtek LW support trying LW on a Ventura developer preview. I think I'm gonna stick with LW until it doesn't work anymore and use spare time to watch blender videos

Just upgraded to Ventura on my not-Lightwaving Mac, and 2020 still seems to be working fine, both Modeler and Layout, after a cursory launch and spin-around. For a moment, I thought it was working better than fine, but then I saw the "bone" crash is specific to ARM Macs, and I'm still running Intel Macs.

I might wait on upgrading my main machine, though. The new System Preferences app is, as promised, a disaster. My favorite part was that, in dark mode, the descriptions for specific apps in the Software Update pane render in black text on the dark gray background. I'm a little surprised they didn't just give up on it, like the terrible Safari redesign a year or two back.

I also upgraded to Ventura on my ARM Mac just a moment ago, but unfortunately the bone crash issue still seems to occur.

They might not be so enthusiastic about Rosetta 2.

It may be time to consider the second scenario in the list I gave as an example last time, that NT fixes the code......

I also upgraded to Ventura on my ARM Mac just a moment ago, but unfortunately the bone crash issue still seems to occur.

They might not be so enthusiastic about Rosetta 2.

It may be time to consider the second scenario in the list I gave as an example last time, that NT fixes the code......
Send a bug report to Newtek/VizRT....

thanks for these posts! is the bone crash the bone selection crash from a while back? I don't do bone rigging for what I need to do at work so not a big thing if that's it.

I am noticing a new bug under Ventura on an Intel Mac. Sometimes windows (like the scene editor, or object/light/camera properties) aren't closing, and duplicate copies are opening if I click the button again. It doesn't seem quite as common as the bug where text fields can seem to be selected without actually getting focus, but I've had it happen a couple of times.

Just for the record, I am currently on an M1 Ultra Mac Studio running MacOS Ventura 13.2.1 and LW 2020 does run. So does LWCAD. I was getting a Python error for a bit, so I reinstalled that and LW and I am once again given a reason to avoid Blender.

I am noticing a new bug under Ventura on an Intel Mac. Sometimes windows (like the scene editor, or object/light/camera properties) aren't closing, and duplicate copies are opening if I click the button again. It doesn't seem quite as common as the bug where text fields can seem to be selected without actually getting focus, but I've had it happen a couple of times.
Seeing this post again, that seems to have stopped happening, maybe it was a bug in the OS that got addresses in a point-update.

Back