LW2020 + Plugins

Mine RopeEditor works fine in LW2020. I have just used it. I bought it recently, be sure you have the last version.

TFD build 1427 works on Mac and renders, but as pointed out in another thread, lights have no effect on the smoke shader, with Fire off.

My previous tests with StarPro 2.2 indicated it worked.
It did in an empty scene.
If I try to add it with an object......not working

View attachment 147469View attachment 147470

The other bizarre thing is VPR shows render ok (starpro doesn't show, never has), but render shows ship barely visible......?

Attachments

• RaptorNoStars.png
    RaptorNoStars.png
    704.4 KB · Views: 631
  • RaptorStars.png
    RaptorStars.png
    2 MB · Views: 647
Last edited:
- OD Substance Reader --> seems not to work but maybe an issue on my end - can someone confirm? (see screenshot below)
- OD Tools 2015/2018/2019 --> too many to be tested, but some I tested do work
- 3rd Powers PaintWeights --> doesn't work, weight paint is immediately lost when releasing the mouse
OD Substance Reader --> works for me (LW 2020.0, Win10 Enterprise 1809)
ODTools --> According to Oliver Hotz, there are about 20 of the odd 500 Plugins that are broken (Have yet to encounter those...) and that´s supposedly a bug that (he was told by a beta tester) the developers are about to fix...
3rd Powers PaintWeights 106 --> works for me, no problems keeping the painted weights so far... (LW 2020.0, Win10 Enterprise 1809)

in regards to the db & w plugins, have not yet tested many myself but they do a recompile of all of them that will be avialable for a "small fee". Some may work anyways but they say on discord they do it as you might encounter some oddities... :-\

Deep Rising FX 3.0 appears to be working but I haven't got a full handle on using it in LW2019 yet, so ...... :)

Might be of interest: https://youtu.be/Ft5OEd1PYaw - by Mambo/DarkChief himself
Many thanks for the link. I will have to investigate this later. With Mambo/DarkChief still only running LW2018, compatibility with the latest version of LW has been a concern.

P.S. Funny thing, that is actually a very useful Deep Rising Tutorial in its own right :)

Last edited:
So I started testing plugins for LW2020...

Many plugin are broken, also there seem to be some changes with Codepages, there are encoding errors.

Maybe this thread could be used to post plugin updates (which ones work over time).

They bumped a lot of the interface versions for the UTF8 upgrades (Unicode-handling), that's probably responsible for the many plugin issues. They'd stated that prior plugin compatibility should be maintained, but apparently there are holes/bugs.

I've asked for a "Fixed Bugs / Known Issues" doc be posted for LW2020(.0), but I'm not holding my breath for that.

LW2020 TFD 1.0 Build 1439 and StarPro 2.2 do not work right now. No rendering.

TFD build 1427 works on Mac and renders, but as pointed out in another thread, lights have no effect on the smoke shader, with Fire off.

My previous tests with StarPro 2.2 indicated it worked.
It did in an empty scene.
If I try to add it with an object......not working

View attachment 147469View attachment 147470

The other bizarre thing is VPR shows render ok (starpro doesn't show, never has), but render shows ship barely visible......?

Hi Markc !

Okay.
I switched to this thread.
Makes more sense by now ;-)

Yes.
StarPro 2.2 does not work on windows too.
No renders of objects or star fields.

Dan is aware of the issue and looks into this.

TFD 1.0 Build 1439 appears in GL viewport but VPR does not start and any attempt to render crashes layout.

Jascha is informed.

So let's hope for the best.

Regards
Marcus

Thanks guys!

I guess it will take a while for some plugins to be compatible, but that's not different for new versions of other apps.

Hopefully Rebel Hill and Jawset will provide updates. Weird about PaintWeights, works well on 2019 but not 2020 for me yet, but I will now create a separate 3rdparty2020 folder for the new LW version.

Did you download the latest version of PaintWeights? It´s on 1.06 and supposedly 2020-compatible according to 3rdPowers website.
For what it´s worth: I have all 3rdParty plugins in a dedicated mapped network drive that all LW installations (2015,2019 and now 2020) use.

Have you tried an older build of TFD.
I know on Mac the latest build (I think 1434 on Mac) didn’t work in 2019, so I stayed with the old version.

TFD 1.0 Build 1439 appears in GL viewport but VPR does not start and any attempt to render crashes layout.

Jascha is informed.

So let's hope for the best.

Regards
Marcus

Mine TFD renders black in VPR and F9, and doesn't crash Layout. I am on Win7.

Have you tried one of the sample TFD scenes.
I tried a couple today and they show up in OGL, VPR and render.

I did find if I disabled the Fire shader, just smoke wouldn’t show if illumination was on.
Illumination had to be set to none in the smoke render tab.

Last edited:
NodeMeister does not work with 2020, but DB&W put out a paid 2020 update that restores compatibility. Worth it.

Last edited:
Back