LW content

soundview

The Lightwave content including metal reflection maps are gone from my computer. I tried reinstalling from the original CD and it wiped out my install completely. I had to reinstall evrything including the latest patch 4909. The content is still missing. How can I copy it to my computer? Where is it? Thanks.

soundview said:
The Lightwave content including metal reflection maps are gone from my computer. I tried reinstalling from the original CD and it wiped out my install completely. I had to reinstall evrything including the latest patch 4909. The content is still missing. How can I copy it to my computer? Where is it? Thanks.

I believe you've experienced what many of us here have - so you're not alone! What you need to do is reinstall the LW content from the VT content discs and put it in a folder outside of the VT3 folder. I've put mine on another totally different drive, that way, the uninstall won't delete it.

You will need to point the requestor to it once you get it installed, I think it is "O" from the LW main panel.

Good Luck !

I do not have a disk titled VT Content. All I have is the program disk, manual content and dve 1-4. Am I missing this disk?

soundview said:
I do not have a disk titled VT Content. All I have is the program disk, manual content and dve 1-4. Am I missing this disk?

Try doing a reinstall, but first, check JUST the LW content. The installer should find it for you.

I think this is what I did - but it's been a few months and my brain is fried ! ;) :p :D

Jim,

I tried that and it uninstalled everything. Is this a bug in the 4909 installer? It has happened 2 times so I quit.

I had a similar problem with one of the installs, but don't remember if it was 4909 or the previous one, had to start from scratch by uninstalling patch and the build then reinstalling everything (after I saved the LW and Aura content before installing the patch).

Yes, that is a known bug with VT[3] Patch 3 (4909).

You need to go back and uninstall VT[3], reinstall your original VT[3], move all your LW and Aura content to a safe location, then install patch 3. Hopefully you weren't storing original content in those directories...

Otherwise, bye-bye content.

resolved

I have reinstalled original build and copied content to new directory and then installed patch. Thanks everyone!

I need a good tutorial and/or free scenes for trees. Any suggestions?

Back