LScript "Wish List"

Dear Newtek,

Here is my Lscript wish: add GE_RemoveExpression into lscripts.

Lscript has GE_CreateExpression, GE_AttachExpression, but no GE_RemoveExpression.

This would be needed in automating scripts.

May also want to consider putting this functionality (Create,Attach,Remove) into Relativity2.

Thanks!

LScript Mailing list

I have tried 5 or 6 times to Join the LScript Mailing List and have NEVER gotten a response to the final confirmation!!!! I am told by others that the list does exist but no one is checking the new users list to verify and finalize their membership.

Here's the website for registering:
http://lists.newtek.com/mailman/listinfo/lscript

Anyone know if this is real?

Thanks,
MacGregg :2guns:

It does exist, but the login process might be broken. Try PM Chuck here on the forums and see if he can get it sorted for you :)

Yes, I tried PMing Chuck a couple months ago... no response...

Everything about the Website appears to be working... it responds to my registering at all the steps, except the final one which requires a human to verify everything... I think you were the one that got me started on the trek... I have emailed everyone on the website and chuck so I don't know what else to do to wake up folks... I think I started this 6+ months ago. If you wouldn't mind and you are still active with these fellow scripters can you ask them to check their website for new registers or fix it or something... no one responds to me.

Thanks,
MacGregg

Just started scripting, so I'm sure my wish list will grow, but for the moment, I'd love to have code completion in teh editor.

I would recommend against using the lscript editor for anything but using the syntax test on code you have written elsewhere. It is buggy, lack important feature and most importantly isn't safe, I have had it crash while saving and empty the file I was working on.

Generally it aint clever use of resources to write an IDE for a single language. Most people that have written a little code have their favourite that they will use no matter, if anything it could be good to offer script highlighting and autocompletion for a few of the popular ones. I mean if the Lscript developer would have lots of spare time after fixing all important bugs, implementing vital missing concepts of LW etc. Probably going to take a little while ...

I'd say ditch the whole of LSED and implement it as a syntax checker to run as a plugin, but make LSID work right with some copy and paste support, way better alignment and importantly better export. Also, certain scripts will not last long enough in layout or modeler to start the debugger ... Typically missing ; or similar typo problems. Might be lucky and get a line number in LSED, but you might also be unlucky and get a crash or just the general information something is fuct ... Then some scripts will not import as a plugin at all, and thusly not have as an option to run in the debugger. It would be good if this condition wouldn't lead to a simple error message but rather a slightly better and more stable syntax checker than the current one.

Hello,
don´t know if it is mentioned before, have no time to read the whole thread :D .

It would be nice to add some features to the Image Agent:

1)Check option if is it a still image or a sequence loaded.
2) If it is a sequence image type, access to the Start Frame behavior.
3) Get access to the Pre/Post behavior

Thanks,
joschy

I'd like to have something that could provide the number of the viewport the cursor is currently in.

I'd also like something that could tell me what tool (MeshEditTool/LayoutTool) is currently active.

In general, more stuff to tell us what the user is currently doing.

This go for the sdk aswell!

Last edited:
After a few searches and no luck. A script that will merge all faces that are connected and planar.

Options would include:
- Triangles only / Quads only / all polygons
- Certain axis / direction only / all angles

I don't know any thing about the L-Script so I'm not sure how complicated or slow this process could be.

Thanks all...

Exper said:
Just three (but more than enough)...
- better LScript integration
- everything accessible by LScript
- better compatibility with old versions: 7.5(a/b/c/d) / 7.0 / 6.5 / 6.0 (and even older)

"LScript 2 C Converter" and a Visual Editor (LSID+LSED) should be a great add too! ;)

How 'bout to C++ also?:hey:

my wish is access to all position/size of lw panels. all panels.
swich on/off all panels...and read eta of all of them...
i need that badly..

papou said:
my wish is access to all position/size of lw panels. all panels.
swich on/off all panels...and read eta of all of them...
i need that badly..

Not sure what you mean by eta -- but it would be great to have access to and be able to poke values into all controls of a panel. That would include the OK/Cancel buttons too.

That way we could automate the setting up of plugins/LScripts.

:)

oh... and I've been asking for the ability to remove Expressions for a couple years now.

Hmmm.... well, first off, I think we should force NewTek to write a C++ SDK and then hire an Alien species (You know who you are...) to enslave the human race and make them learn C++ and the LightWave SDK and after that release them. That way we wouldn't ever have to discuss LScript or anything else ever again.:hey:

I am wondering if one of you LScripter's could write a routine for a procedure I illustrated as an answer to a problem over at Spinquad. Here's the link:

http://www.spinquad.com/forums/showthread.php?p=194451&posted=1#post194451

Seems it shouldn't be too hard...of course I don't know my butt from page twelve about writing scripts so I could be wrong. Anyways it would be nice to be able to increase the number of blocks to make the sphere smoother on the edges. What do you think...someone want to try it?

Thanks much,
Ron

I had a little go at a Lscript/macro that does what you want (i think)

Run a compiled version, as it is extremely slow on medium to high polycounts.

Attachments

• RonBeeBall.zip
    731 bytes · Views: 522
What happened to the development of this thread? Is someone working on all these requests? I've not heard a peep since this thread was posted.

is possible to have a switch on/off for plugin ( motion modifier for exemple ) with lscript?
mouse clik and mouse release? exactly mouse movement?

Back