Losing my mind exporting live sets

Stream

Hi,
I have been trying all day to get some live sets created on my 460 AE2 and then bring them into my T40.
Somethings this works fine, sometimes not.

At first the 460 kept throwing errors and failing to create the sets. So I removed turned off layers and then the sets would be made.

I created installed and now when I go to run them on the T40 I get 'No compatible NewTek applications detected'
I exported it from the 460 to the T40, the set shows up with a thumbnail, but when you open it, there is nothing workable there.
If I save it on the 460 and then bring the folder over to the T40, there is no zoom or any way to make it zoom.

So, what is the deal? Sometimes it works and if I do the exact same thing I have a day of losing hair.
Anyone have any ideas, thoughts, insights?

Thanks

That's because they are not cross compatible. You will have compile separate versions of the sets for each TriCaster. The TC40 will need sets compiled in version 1.5 of VSE and your 460 will require the sets to be compiled in VSE Advanced Edition.

No, I have made sets in the 460 and brought them into the T40. It has been done.
And if that is the case, this is the very first that I've heard of it, which would not be a good thing.
Plus, I've had VSE 2.5 on my T40 and made sets with that.

If you had VSE2.5 sets working on your TC40 then you had TC40 v2 which you did not specify. Sets compiled in VSE2.5 will work on TC460 running Advanced Edition but sets compiled in VSE AE will not work on TC40 v2 or Standard Edtion Proline models. The best course of action is to contact NewTek Support https://www.newtek.com/support/get-support/ and we will work it out.

No, I have T40 V1. VSE 2.5 worked like a charm on it.
When we got the 460, I uninstalled VSE 2.5 from the T40 V1 and put it on the 460 AE2
so I could make sets for both and I have made sets for both. But even taking the T40 out of the equation, that doesn't explain VSE AE throwing out a
failed to create set error when creating an installer on the 460.

OK, so again, without any rhyme or reason the VSE AE on our 460 has started making sets that will work on our T40.
I kept notes on what I was doing that was not working in the hopes of troubleshooting down to find the method that worked.
But low and behold, once it decided to start making sets that worked on the T40, then it would make them in the very same
circumstances that failed before. Which is frustrating. Though it does appear, as I already knew that the software is cross compatible.

Is it Newtek's position that livesets compiled on the 460 AE2 will not work on a T40 version 1 or that VSE 2.5 will not run on a T40 version 1?
I'm just looking for a little clarification for myself and others.

Thanks

Back