LIghtwave Shift cam

Pavlov

- pavlov who ? -
Hi,
i need a camera like LW's Shift Cam but without its extremely annoying geometry clipping (in case some didnt notice -i.e. NT - that camera clips geometry near or far from camera, depending on P angle and on grid size, so often it's impossible to see the whole scene at once).
I wonder if there's one around (Perspective Control camera is not an option since it's 32 bit only) or if someone can code one (paid work).

thanks,
Paolo

The built in shift camera should do what you want without OGL issues, turn off Use Cam Pitch and set vertical shift manually using the spinner.

Hi,
i need a camera like LW's Shift Cam but without its extremely annoying geometry clipping (in case some didnt notice -i.e. NT - that camera clips geometry near or far from camera,

Changing the "fixed near clip distance" value in display properties doesn't do the trick for you?

ADP.

hi James, i know but this has worse key-ability while animating (setup a slider etcetc). Would be lovely if even P option was fine. Again, it seems that Shif Cam crashes on LWSN (so i was told by a renderfarm - not tested by me) - is there any workaround ?

Alexos - yes, clip distance solves it sometimes, but not in every scene. In some cases you cant see scene correctly.

thanks,
paolo

hi James, i know but this has worse key-ability while animating (setup a slider etcetc). Would be lovely if even P option was fine. Again, it seems that Shif Cam crashes on LWSN (so i was told by a renderfarm - not tested by me) - is there any workaround ?

The crash has been fixed, not sure in what release you'll find it though.

nice !
While we wait for the release, do you think if it's possible to update current .p for those who still use 9.6 ?

bye
Paolo

I thought the ubercam plugin offered shift functionality, but now I can't find it.

Also interested in this.

The ubercam Radial Shift Camera will be able to do this. It has controls for horizontal and vertical shifts and skews as well as lens distortion. If the lens distortion controls are set to zero, then it is like the perspective camera with shift and skew controls.

Kiko
Liberty3d.com

A shift is optically the same as using a wider lens and cropping off center. So you could always do that if you want a shift. Now if you want a tilt or swing that is a different story.

Back