LightWave 3D® 2019 is Now Available - Official Discussion Thread

It appears that the Standard material used in LW 2019.1.3 equates to the material used in LW 11.6.3? So, how is it different?
Yes they are for the most part, but if you hit render they will look different - in come cases close, but not the same. What's different is the render engine. The shading aspect of applications go hand in hand with the rendering engine - change one or the other and you need to change the other generally speaking.

Yes they are for the most part, but if you hit render they will look different - in come cases close, but not the same. What's different is the render engine. The shading aspect of applications go hand in hand with the rendering engine - change one or the other and you need to change the other generally speaking.

Rendering is not a concern.
I use Modeler and not Layout.
So, whats the render engine got to do with saving out a compatible LWO2 file?

Rendering is not a concern.
I use Modeler and not Layout.
So, whats the render engine got to do with saving out a compatible LWO2 file?

Well LW is a modeling and rendering package. And with 2018-19 you can save a compatible LWO2 object, but it will be stripped of any shading data. I think that's been mentioned. Even Photoshop will have issues if you save a PSD in CC2019 and expect to load it into CS2. That's just the way it is - they make underlying improvements.

Back