layout ,has stopped saving the file extension...

popshot1190

HI, I had be trying to learn "Baking", when not sure what i did but layout stopped saving a render with a file extension. I posted that earlier today and they figured out that all you had to do was to add the extension as a rename.
That worked ..however it is very inconvenient to have to rename all you renders one by one so you can use them...i un-installed light wave 2018 and 11.6, went file explorer and reset to default values and reinstalled not 2018,11.6...
Lay out is still doing the same thing .. no file extention even though i tell it to save a jog...? Help! Thanks

Do you have any suspicious characters inside of your file name e.g. dot, non-English language characters, spaces, whatever?

Use for a test very short path, e.g. C:\
with very basic name e.g. image,
see if extension was added automatically.
If not, use image.jpg or image.png

LW 2018 / 2019 in Render Globals panel has "preview" for filenames.. What do you see there?

Base filename I have "%buffername%_%###%"

What do you have?

The way it is done in LW 2018+ and LW 11.x is completely different.. Wondering why are you mixing them in your post.. It could be really confusing..

Last edited:
ok,i am going to try that...at this point anything is possible.i had trouble loading a plugin this morning,there is no telling but i will do this. Thanks

ok,i am going to try that...at this point anything is possible.i had trouble loading a plugin this morning,there is no telling but i will do this. Thanks

i tyred that no luck

i have some pic here..i dont know what to think?

Attachments

• global_panel.zip
    904.7 KB · Views: 290
  • this is it.zip
    886.6 KB · Views: 282
quick update here... So i googled the no file extension and the paper icon..... it basically said . What i could understand of it . Was that a" preference" might be corrupted. not being for sure i simply did a system restore back to the last windows update back on the 12/13,and it has appeared to have worked. Again thank you Sir for your help.

I didn't catch which version you're using, but I had that issue some versions back. Really, really annoying.

What you want to do is FIRST save BOTH your Menu and Key configs in both Modeler and Layout. That will be 4 files. Just save to your root Newtek folder for easy finding. They'll get names something like this: 2019dot1dot5LayoutKeys.keys.keys.cfg

Then, and this is copied from a note from Duece:

First would be to delete your configuration files for your LightWave version -- then rescan plugins - and finally refresh menus back to 'default'. So ... steps in order:

1. Delete configs:

Go to C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\.NewTek\LightWave\LIGHTWAVE_VERSION

and delete all files except the license folder.

2. Rescan plugins -

-Launch Layout - then go to "Edit>Edit Plugins" -- the keyboard shortcut for this is ALT-F11
Click on "Scan Directory" and navigate to here:

PC:
C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWaveVERSION\support\plugins

(For me ... D:\NewTek\LightWave_2019.1.5\support\plugins)

3. Refresh Menus: Go to "Edit>Edit Menu Layout" -- the keyboard shortcut for that is ALT-F10
Click on "Presets" and choose "something other than Default"... then Click on Presets again and choose "Default"

... re-start & scan your other 3rd Party folder, not just the default support one listed here, assuming you have one (and is a really good idea such as "D:\NewTek\3rdparty_support"), then reload your Keys & Menus you saved earlier & you should be good to go.

Should only take a couple minutes.

Back