Key over Input

John Perkins

NewTek Staff
The normal LiveMatte allows you to key the current input over the Effects bus.

The attached set allows you to key either the Effects or Preview bus over the current input.

Note that this is a little more confusing to set up. You are using the LiveSet on one input, but using the LiveMatte on a different input.

Previously they have seemed almost like one Set/Matte unit, but they definitely aren't. They are separate features and open up some pretty advanced uses once you get the hang of it.

Example:
1. Apply the "FX over Input" set to cameras 1, 2 and 3
2. Put the iVGA input on the preview bus of the switcher and set it's LiveMatte settings
3. Now select the iVGA input onto the FX row and it will be keyed over cameras 1, 2 and 3 any time they are used.
4. Preview is now available for use again.

I used iVGA in this example, but it could be any video source you like.

This allows you to key iVGA (or anything else) over all your camera inputs. When you fade or wipe between inputs, the key will seem to stay onscreen because it is on all cameras. It also leaves the DSK or Overlay free for other uses in front of this key.

Word of warning: When you take or auto, the preview bus swaps sources with main. Because of this, I doubt that you get much use out of "Preview over Input", it was only included as an example.

Attachments

• KeyOverInput.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 899
Last edited:
Man how did you do that.....
Wow two seperate items.....

Soon we will need a more rubust "LiveSet Switcher" just to able to go crazy :)

So next you will show me a three input LiveSet?
(Input, FX and DSK mapped into a LiveSet)

PS This is cool and keeps opening doors on what can be done.

If you download the Aura LiveSet Generator, it has at least two examples of multiple source sets included as .aur projects.

Thanks,

It doesn't get much easier than the Aura tools make it, which is going to make quick custom setups a breeze.

And maybe as the days go on and he catches his breath (or needs a break from the festivities!) we can pry some of the 'undocumented features' out of John.:bowdown:

Back