Issue with Tricaster TC1 Connecting to Specific Website

ddarrowCCTV

Hey everyone,

I have a weirdly specific Tricaster TC1 request that I would love some support on! It's the wildest thing, the TV Station that I work for has an internal page of a website that they pull names for productions and guests from. The page is accessible from the web at large, and no other computer on or off our network has an issue loading the page except the Tricaster using Edge. I've tried the usual suspects, such as clearing Edge settings, trying an alternative browser but the issue runs deeper than that. I've also utilized the CMD to flush the DNS lease, cleared network cache and still nothing. I ran a tracert from the Tricaster and several computers on the network and they all return the same results so I am just absolutely stumped?

Has anyone else run into a weird issue like this or have any ideas where I can look for more information or reach out for help?

Thanks!

Hey everyone,

I have a weirdly specific Tricaster TC1 request that I would love some support on! It's the wildest thing, the TV Station that I work for has an internal page of a website that they pull names for productions and guests from. The page is accessible from the web at large, and no other computer on or off our network has an issue loading the page except the Tricaster using Edge. I've tried the usual suspects, such as clearing Edge settings, trying an alternative browser but the issue runs deeper than that. I've also utilized the CMD to flush the DNS lease, cleared network cache and still nothing. I ran a tracert from the Tricaster and several computers on the network and they all return the same results so I am just absolutely stumped?

Has anyone else run into a weird issue like this or have any ideas where I can look for more information or reach out for help?

Thanks!
Hi ddarrowCCTV,

Short question: you can open any other website (like 1.1.1.1 or MSN.com) without any issues?
Second one: Is your Windows Firewall disabled? Both private and public networks you should try.
Wouldn't recommend that for a longer time but it might help for investigation.

By the way: I would recommend to install (and set as standard) the Chrome Browser. I know, Edge is build on Chrome - but it's not the original... Never had any issues with it.

you've gone through a thorough troubleshooting process, but the issue persists. Since the problem is specific to the Tricaster using Edge, consider checking if there are any specific security settings or restrictions within the Tricaster or Edge that might be causing this behavior. Additionally, ensure that the Tricaster's system clock is accurate, as sometimes discrepancies in time settings can lead to browsing issues. If the problem persists, reaching out to NewTek support or consulting their community forums might provide more targeted assistance for Tricaster-related web browsing issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure if this applies in this case. But I had been working with a 3rd party graphics program tied to a buffer. Some websites would not display in the Tricaster, and it had something to do with not allowing a website to be displayed within a frame. I don't remember the exact details, but either the website was coded that way, or it was a browser-based security feature.

Back