Inquiry Regarding Macro Development for Scoreboard Graphics Integration

Plumbob

I am reaching out to inquire about assistance with developing a macro for our scoreboard system. Our aim is to integrate graphics seamlessly into the display whenever a penalty is incurred during a game, and subsequently remove said graphics when the allotted time for the penalty expires.

We believe that implementing such a macro would significantly enhance the visual presentation of our scoreboard, providing real-time updates and enhancing the viewer experience during events. However, we are currently unsure about how to go about developing this macro.

We would greatly appreciate your insights on how to create a macro that can monitor the scoreboard data, recognize when a penalty occurs, and trigger the display of corresponding graphics. Additionally, we would need guidance on how to ensure that these graphics are automatically removed once the penalty time elapses.

If you could provide us with some initial steps or resources to help us get started, it would be immensely beneficial.

We are using TC1 Pro and a Daktronics all sport

Hi Plumbob,
Are you using your DSK in the program row or in one of your M/E rows?
I think SBowie thinks of using the last one. As all 4 Keyers in all of your 4 M/Es work the same way as in the program row, you can stuck - let's say inside M/E 4 - each of them for your panalty clock.
Using M/E 4 DSK 1 as your graphic behind the clock, M/E 4 DSK 2 as your penalty clock. You can give both different animations - and if you create one (ASC) with a longer gap at he beginning, you can customise the fade on the graphic behind.

There should be also a way to use macro variables to take that whole M/E 4 (or one after the other) off when penalty time is up.
Stupid question (as I am not used to penalty clocks): are there time differences or are they always - let's say - two minutes long?

Hi Plumbob,
What does the output of your Scoreboard penalty clock look like? Does it somehow appear somewhere on your TC input? Do you have a picture/screen capture to explain your needs?

Perhaps the definition of an Automatic Hot Spot area on that input helps... But without further information, there will be no more help possible.
Best!
Chris

Pic 2.jpg
the 1:58 is a penalty it comes on when there is time and goes away when time runs out. i need to put a graphic behind it so it stands out on a dark surface. it has to work automatically with the clock.

Another way to automate this might be using the "State Change" option 'Program Tally' within the Automation Tab (available within TC Inputs and DSKs settings) like this:

1708592259287.png

Last edited:
So you are able to use DataLink?
And what Daktronics device / system are you using? As I understand there has to be a All Sports CG somewhere between the scoreboard and the TC to get the trigger/flag information...

Back