How do I get help with registration of SpeedEdit 2 on a new computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fberney

The computer I had SpeedEdit on had problems and I had to replace it. Now after installing Speed Edit on the new computer I get get a registration number that will work. I tried calling Newtek and could not get through to anyone.

Fred

There is no way to register it any more email me and I can solve your problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was told by NewTek support a couple of months ago that they continue to handle registration issues for SpeedEdit. I don't think this has changed recently.

(Other means such as, for example, distributing cracks or ersatz key codes) would of course be improper.)

I was told by NewTek support a couple of months ago that they continue to handle registration issues for SpeedEdit. I don't think this has changed recently.

(Other means such as, for example, distributing cracks or ersatz key codes) would of course be improper.)
It is impossible to pirate abandoneware. The really improper thing is NT stopped updating this fine product I would be purchasing upgrades to today if I could :(

I wonder what copyright laws say about that theory ...
After speededit stopped being supported or updated the registration section of the program stopped working. If newtek does not exist and speededit registration is not supported what is this person who BOUGHT the product supposed to do? Purchase a competitor and cause you to lose market share? If the OP manages to get the software registered I will take this all back.

As I said, https://support.newtek.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I'm assuming this was solved back when I suggested that or I'd have heard about it long since. And then I'd have intervened personally, as I'm sure many here can attest from their own experience.

If newtek does not exist ....
I'm pretty sure it does. :)

and speededit registration is not supported
I'm pretty sure it is - at least insofar as registration. And, as I said, anyone who encounters an issue is welcome to ask me to intervene.

Purchase a competitor and cause you to lose market share?
Seriously, I don't think the company would be too worried about market share - but customer relations, copyright infringement, and intellectual property do all matter. I can think up reasons to shoplift all day long, but in the end they are all just rationalizations.

I'm not hard to find if Fred still has an issue. Otherwise, we're done here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back