Hello from NewTek… the silence is over.

DColboch

NewTek - VP Marketing
Hi Everyone,

You’ve waited a long time for news on LightWave from NewTek and I’m here to give you an update. I’m the VP of Marketing for NewTek, and I have been asked to help bring LightWave 2018 to market.

I was counting it up the other day and realized that I have launched every version of LightWave with the exception of LightWave 11 and 2015, so you can argue I either know what I’m doing… or I’m simply crazy. Maybe both. While I’m busy with all of NewTek’s other business, I’ve always had a soft spot for LightWave, so I’m very happy to be stepping in here.

Here’s the good news. The development team has done an amazing job with the software, and you’ll be happy to know that members of the LightWave 2018 beta team have already started using it to produce some of your favorite prime time shows.

We also have an official ship date and time:

January 1, 2018, 12:01am GMT

I encourage you to read the press release you’ll find here. And to check out the LightWave website that has been updated as of this morning. We have other plans that I’ll be sharing over the next few weeks, but I really don't want to build up any unrealistic expectations. For now, I would rather under promise and over deliver.

I also want you to know, I have read the discussions and completely understand your pain and frustration. Believe me… no company sets out to disappoint their loyal fans. What I find encouraging is that even though in some cases, you are outright mad, at least you still care. I hope you’ll give us the opportunity to earn your trust again.

For me it is important that we focus on the future and not dwell on the past. I realize you may have a lot of questions about why things have unfolded the way they have over the last couple of years, but in all honesty, I do not know. I choose to live in the present and look forward to the future; I hope you will join me there.

I will drop in every now and then, but I won’t necessarily be a regular poster in the forums. Although, I suspect you’ll hear from other members of the LightWave team more regularly.

Here’s to a great 2018… where you will get to use the shiny new LightWave from the very first minute.

Donetta Colboch

Discussion thread here

Last edited:
Back