Has the release of Lightwave 3D 2023 encouraged further plugin development?

fashion

I was just wondering if new LW plugins are coming into the market or old ones are being updated?

Anyone have a list of new plugins under development or old ones being updated?

I was just wondering if new LW plugins are coming into the market or old ones are being updated?

Anyone have a list of new plugins under development or old ones being updated?
Not sure we are allowed to discuss the Lightwave arena in depth here anymore.
but I think it´s too early to say.

I was missing some Chris Petersson plugins yesterday for the 32 bit verson, real smooth, I know I have it somewhere but they may be on external drives not hooked up right now to my PC.
I Tried wayback machine, but those pages where not stored.

Denis Pontonniers all plugins are not available anymore online, I managed to get all of them with the wayback machine though, but if he intends to find a new hosting site, or have discarded hosting them all together etc..I don´t know.

I found some excel list of plugins I may need to check, to see what that was all about, and mark which ones are still online etc, but it would be quite a lot of work to go through all that.

The best solution is if the new Lightwave team opens up for users to mark and not wether or not anything on the plugin database is active or inactive, then some way of filing those none active to a list, and further more, go through wether or not someone are allowed to publish what they have stored, or if it would be necessary to make new tools to close what has been lost.

Thanks for the info @prometheus

I guess it's wise then to hang on to older versions of Lightwave to ensure that older plugins will still work?

Maybe keep 3 or even 4 versions lying around in case they are needed to use all the plugins.

Would you say that's a good strategy?

I notice that some companies allow their users to download older versions of their software as far as 10 years back so that their user base to access them no matter how old their PC might be.

Last edited:
Not sure we are allowed to discuss the Lightwave arena in depth here anymore.

Oh sorry...I thought we were still allowed to as this is a General Discussion subtopic.

And I was under the impression that Vizrt still might maintain some relationship with the new owners of Lightwave.

....No? Maybe?

Back