Gain adjust instead of Gain set in macro

williejan

Hi, I need a Macro that adjusts the Gain by + or - 1 Db. When I use "input1_gain_1" as a Shortcut and set Value to -1 it sets the gain hard to -1 Db. But I need the gain adjusted by -1 Db, so when the Gain setting is already -5 and I fire the Macro it should adjust it to -6.

I do a similar thing with volume in the audio mixer and there is a shortcut "input1_volume" and a shortcut "input1_adjust_volume" that works great and is exactly what I also need for the Gain. So I tried "input1_adjust_gain1" (see screenshot) but that doesn't work.

Please help me out here, what is the correct shortcut to make this happen?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 20231204_184852.jpg
    20231204_184852.jpg
    1,001.7 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
I looked thru the macro command list and the gains do not offer an adjust command, only a set value command.

I looked thru the macro command list and the gains do not offer an adjust command, only a set value command.
Can you do math on a variable and set the new value ie: input_1 == input_1++ and then the macro set volume = {input_1}

I recall doing expessions I just didnt know if you could do math and store the value.

If the system is a TriCaster 1 Pro or TriCaster 2 Elite, then macro expressions are a possibility. None of the other TriCaster models have macro expressions.

Back