From Photoshop to VSE

rabbit

Hi to all,

I have test to build a ne Liveset. I have put the Layer in Photoshop (see psd1.png). For the Input-Layer I have use a placeholder from a other set and scale there to the right size. Then I load this Photoshopfile in VSE- Advanced. But then are the input-layer distorted (see VSE1.png). What am I make wrong?
View attachment 136178View attachment 136179

thanks for help

Attachments

• VSE1.png
    VSE1.png
    406.2 KB · Views: 467
  • psd1.png
    psd1.png
    300 KB · Views: 530
Hi Rabbit,
If the video source looks granular it's as Jose says. The 8 bit color space doesn't contain enough colors to depict the UV offset.
However, if it's squished into a corner, it's a gamma problem.
Post a picture of your set and we'll try to help you further.
Thanks,
Eric

Hi Jose and Eric, thanks for help.

it is not a "bit"-problem, the psd-file is a 16bit-picture. I have it test also with 32bit - it is the same result.
I post a picture from the set and the original picture for put to the B- and C-layer.
You see, the picture are squished.
I have make a test with a other version: I have not use the UV-gradient from Newtek, I use a normal plane in Photoshop. But then I must adjust the position and the scaling in VSE (all planes are full picture)View attachment 136209View attachment 136210

I think, I make a mistake in Photoshop.
Grettings

Attachments

• Set.png
    Set.png
    701.8 KB · Views: 433
  • orig.png
    orig.png
    851.8 KB · Views: 456
If you are just using images that will stay the same, then put a full UV-Gradient into each of the frames and name them all 'Input B' and then in VSE you will be able to choose each one and browse to the images that you would like in each screen.

This is a gamma problem. At some point your gradient is getting converted or misunderstood on it's way to VSE.
You can try this: because your UV map is so simple, just replace the layer in photoshop with this file and copy/transform it to your screens.
This image should account for photoshop gamma.
Let me know how it works out for you.

View attachment 136212

Attachments

• Talent.png
    Talent.png
    58.6 KB · Views: 505
Hi Eric,

thanks, with this image all is very wonderfull. But I don´t understand the problem, gamma ? ....
But a other question for this technics: If I need a layer with other aspect ratio as your image, what must I do? Convert the hight and cut on the side or ...?

Best regards,
rabbit

Hi Rabbit,
You can cut it to fit as you see best. It all depends on what you are trying to do. Sometimes I'll use a wider screen than 16x9, something a little more cinematic. In that case you need to decide if you want to stretch your source material, or crop it. To take the example further you can rotate it to make one of those fancy vertical format screens you see on TV sometimes, just keeping in mind that your source material needs to be designed for it.

Back