Feature Request - Stripe follows ME preview

nviera777

Hel
I have been a Tricaster 855/860 user for the past 10 years, we have become very reliant on Follow ME on preview feature where the stripe delegation can follow whichever ME is/was on preview. We now have a TC2 Elite with 2 stripe IP panel, since the IP control panel does not have any quickly accessible hot keys for delegation (a two key press is not quick) and I have not been able to find a way to delegate a stripe on the CS using a macro (which some posts claim is possible, but I see no maco commands that can send delegate control to the CS).

Any thoughts or ideas would be helpful, or a feature can be developed to maybe allow external commands from macros, etc to control the stripe delegation??

Having to loose control of your show during live switching just to switch delegate controls can be rough when there is a lot going on.

While I agree that this is a perplexing decision on NewTek's part, making this function happen is possible. You have to build a macro that delegates the stripe using the switcher control surface. Hit new macro, title it, then record, then punch the buttons to delegate the stripe. Then stop recording. Set recall speed to 'snapshot'. Right click on the ME button you want to recall the macro. Automations tab. Select preview. Assign macro recall to that button press. Done.

While I agree that this is a perplexing decision on NewTek's part, making this function happen is possible. You have to build a macro that delegates the stripe using the switcher control surface. Hit new macro, title it, then record, then punch the buttons to delegate the stripe. Then stop recording. Set recall speed to 'snapshot'. Right click on the ME button you want to recall the macro. Automations tab. Select preview. Assign macro recall to that button press. Done.
Yep, that worked! Thanks for the detail I was missing a few of those steps when I tried it before. Working as expected now. :)

Back