Enzmann Echolance Starship orbital shipyard

This thing is meant to be about 4km long. It would not spin like that, but I wanted to show it from all sides.

I must admit that I did think the speed of rotation was somewhat questionable for an object that gives the impression of being quite large.

Excellent work nonetheless.

Which LW version did you use btw? And how long did it take to render each animation?

Yup, it's very much about me checking the model, rather than an actual scene. Spinning would be very bad news!

The refs have it in more than one location, one in high Earth orbit and one at the Lagrange point beyond the Moon. For Earth Orbit the "plank" would align with the direction of travel, and tidal effects would result in Gravity being "upwards" which is one one ship is dangling up on tethers.

Done in 11.6
About 90 seconds for a 4k frame, (bought a nice powerful PC at the end of last year!).

Nick

Oooo. Specs please.

Device name DESKTOP-T2CGNLU
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor 3.40 GHz
Installed RAM 96.0 GB
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060

Also: UPS APC Back-UPS BX1600MI, 1600VA, 900W

Bought after I realised my laptop never suffered Windows corruption on power glitches like my desktop did. Should have bought one YEARS ago. (Plus I'm in Moldova, just over the border from Ukraine, and for a while power was flakier than usual...)

Nick

Err... That is NOT a laptop!

Though my previous laptop was about the same as my desktop at the time, apart from things that needed a LOT of memory.

Back