Enterprise-D Crash Animation, explosion uses same method Lightwave users used in the show and the Computer Interfaces was done using A.I to save time.

BakuryuOh

I recently finished this animation, I asked Mr. Kevin "Q" Quattro, one of the CGI artist who worked in Star Trek Voyager/DS9 using Lightwave how they did the explosions in the show and I used the same techniques in this animation ;p

I tried to stay true to the Minecraft Boxy style but the Enterprise-D bridge's arc cannot be made into a box, I refused it ! I will make it low poly, that's all I will do ;p ha ha ha

The Computer Interfaces was done using A.I. so that I can concentrate on the Animation.

Bridge_BracerJack.jpgEnterpriseD_Conn_Interface_BracerJack.jpgEnterpriseD_Ops_Interface_BracerJack.jpgEnterpriseD_Back_Interface_BracerJack.jpgEnterpriseD_Captain_Interface_BracerJack.jpg

Last edited:
There isn't too much Computer Interface details on the Arc because the storyboard made it clear that the Arc have very little to no air time, so zero effort was spend here.

EnterpriseD_Wooden_Arch_Interface_BracerJack.jpgEnterpriseD_Inertial_Interface00_BracerJack.jpgEnterpriseD_Inertial_Interface01_BracerJack.jpgEnterpriseD_Inertial_Interface02_BracerJack.jpgEnterpriseD_Inertial_Interface03_BracerJack.jpgEnterpriseD_Inertial_Interface04_BracerJack.jpg

Last edited:
EnterpriseD_Side_Interface00_BracerJack.jpgEnterpriseD_Side_Interface01_BracerJack.jpgEnterpriseDCrash_BracerJack.jpgMinecraftBlocksFlying_BracerJack.jpg

Except for the Character animation, the exterior ship scenes are replicated shot for shot to match the movie: "Generations".

Last edited:
Thank you Shloime, your foot note says you are using using LightWave since 3.5 on Amiga, are you into retro computing ? A lot of YouTube videos shows Lightwave on Amiga even now :)

Back