eCycles render engine - coder available

eCycles > integrate

You can ask the Cycles4D guys if they want a cooperation. I'm open to discussion.
Otherwise, it's indeed planed to add support for other 3D packages.

yep.

tJGL61i.png

sidenote;

a motion blur speed improvement of 10x (!)
was just announced for Cycles.

needless to say, i'm keeping an eye on this technology.

81GZf76.gif

i've already started looking into a application script for LW <> Blender

it is basically using AHK to send files to eCycles.

easy stuff, but bit lill' time at the moment, will have to continue it down the road.

Me... Well, I was thinking to come back it to my dev one day (!) because there are some people love a lot Cycles and ECycles run most fast i ever see ^^ And That I want to make some interesting here because I love Lightwave so much so I don't give it up and that is for me wanna to rediscover...

Lastly i have improved a lot for my understanding from LW SDK mythical to integrate Cycles for LW :). But I still am blocked for my nodes, it works but false result :/

I have learning a lot from Cycles with source code, it works very well and quite easy to integrate it.

I will inform you when I will to take again my dev and finish this once and all now :p

Definitely it's a good thing, right ?

PS: Even if Lightwave is not sure for futur but there are a lot of room to create plugin as simple and powerfull ! So let's do for us than it need time to make it !

If anyone can find a video comparison between cycles and e-cycles when they test volumetrics, please let me know :)

Then I think the studio version E-Cycles Studio 2021 is too expensive at $899 , I can´t see mee invest in that just for the render engine alone.
the E-Cycles RTX 2021 for $299 is however acceptable to me.

Need to check it out more, nice if someone could show interactive rendering in e-cycles with embergen vdb files, so if anyone have seen any of that on youtube, please let me know .

no idea, that's a question for the B-forums, or eCycles forums i'd think.

hard to say.

True, wrong place..got carried away since you were discussing e-cycles, but with reference to coding, but that is kind of another topic.
Will look around and ask in those forums.

Ok, I will soon resume my dev and I first will work Cycles for Lightwave and then eCycles for Lightwave. This time I will go to the end and finish this work because I have learned a lot this last time.

Thank you and see you soon

Ok, I will soon resume my dev and I first will work Cycles for Lightwave and then eCycles for Lightwave. This time I will go to the end and finish this work because I have learned a lot this last time.

Thank you and see you soon

Perhaps drop cycles and look at eCycles right now instead since cycles may be dropped soon, they just introduced cycles-X with a 6 month R&D for that project, so standard cycles may be getting old.
You have to search for that on their site.

It's out if you want it. And it is a lot faster, viewport-wise, than it was.
I dunno -- LW doesn't need this tech, as I see it: Octane is more than sufficient for the purpose and would be/is better supported. If you are going to bother with cycles (e-, -x or any variation) the best bang for your buck is learning the ecosystem around it.
Developer time is what LW is in need of.

It doesn´t have volumetrics yet, and for a volumetric fanboy like me, that is an obstacle ..on such tasks anyway.
That however doesn´t mean I am shut out from taking advantages of it in other areas, not sure if it works with the hair stuff and principled hair.

in regards to Octane, jump on it, just make sure you are ok with the policy.
p.s. note that render licenses are (X-Pensive !)

so, could Absolutely be worth it.

for render farms, i'd look another way, and this is where Cycles comes in to play.

LightWave 2020 is nice, but slow.

anyways, who knows where the bus drives....

w3mE2tS.gif

in regards to Octane, jump on it, just make sure you are ok with the policy.
p.s. note that render licenses are (X-Pensive !)

so, could Absolutely be worth it.

for render farms, i'd look another way, and this is where Cycles comes in to play.

LightWave 2020 is nice, but slow.

anyways, who knows where the bus drives....

w3mE2tS.gif

I have a sarkastic art side, that bus in 3D with lw logo, and the passengers ask "no roadmap you say?".and the driver says, "yup..that´s right no roadmap"..followed by a sequence of images or an animation of that buss driving out over a cliff.

And I also have one with the very first scene of alien chest burster, a guy with a t-shirt with the lw logo, twisting in pain and out comes the blender logo.
And I got a couple of more of those, but I need to balance it with more sarkasm against blender as well, such as what happens when you just throw tools in that mixer, just a big mess.
but then there are oher users here doing their best with such art concepts :)

And some folks may be too sensitive about it and take offence, so not sure.

Back