Control multiple keyframe times with single input?

krectus

Hi I'm trying to work on a simple scene that has a picture zoom in. Needing the operator to control the position and scale, etc. but I want a single input to control the duration of all of these.
Control Keyframe has the option to control the key time, but that would mean needing to change it in 3 different places which isn't ideal.

I did figure out that you can control the whole timeline length and that works great....except it doesn't work when using transition logic, it doesn't seem to recognize the timeline name properly. Need this to be a TL page.

Trying to figure out the control parameter for a key frame is...just weird. It does work if you copy the hash number, "#1624*TIME " but that doesn't work in the real world as those numbers just change all the time. Anyone know the permanent viz command for this? Can't figure it out.

Any good documentation on VizCommands out there?

Hi Krectus,

1- you would never use it like this "#1624*TIME" because as you have mentioned it changes all the time. You would rather reference the keyframe directly and then use the keyframe reference.vizId .

2- Always try to solve the problem first with Viz script natively, If not possible then go to Viz Commands.

For a viz command you could do this.
Dim kf as keyframe = Stage.FindDirector("KEYFRAME_NAME")
'^make sure you gave the keyframe a name in the stage. Then reference that name in the code above at "KEYFRAME_NAME"

Now if you have to use a system command you can reference the Keyframe vizid which is that ever changing #number you were talking about.
Example... System.SendCommand("#" & kf.vizid & "*TIME SET 50")

But since you already reference the keyframe as kf in vizscript you should just be able to go "kf.time = 50" for example. Which is way more efficient and easier. for vertex keyframe you can use kf.XYZValue for double it would just be kf.FloatValue = whatever if you want to change the keyframe data itself other than the location it sits in the stage..

Hope this helps.

Best Regards
Graham

"2- Always try to solve the problem first with Viz script natively, If not possible then go to Viz Commands."

Disagree with this, a lot of artists aren't comfortable with VizScript.

I was hoping there was a way to address this without scripting. Should be something simple like THIS_SCENE*STAGE*KEY*XXX*TIME in the control parameter plugin or something rather than having to resort to doing all that scripting. But I guess it isn't that simple.

Also this needs to be set to a control for the operator to change in Trio, so using control parameter makes more sense.

Thanks for the help though, good to know.

I think, There is simple way to control it with plugin.
You can assing same control object to diffrent container. I attach simple example scene to explain.

Attachments

• DEFAULT.zip
    12.2 KB · Views: 7
Back