Cliffside Dwellings Scene (Manga)

@ glw: Thank you. This required the most modeling of the 3 manga scenes that are done now.

@ Rayek: Yes, it is interpretative. : D Mostly because it is horizonal instead of vertical. And the camera angle shows more of the front face of the wall on the right that the other structures jut out from.

@ Ma3rk: The first image is the render. No texturing. Default scene lighting. The render is just for the geometry.

Turbulence FD is pretty good. But at this point, I am just happy to have anything from it because it is the simulator engine that I am least familiar with. Clouds need Multiscatter enabled in TFD to look right. Even then it takes some fine tunning of course. Keeping the Lighting Resolution parameter low, around 12% gives very quick renders in VPR while getting things set up.

Here's a an actual LWR with LW Exposure and PS adjustments. The one up top is the VIPR. Quite similar since they use the same engine for interactive and final renders. The one below reached its full AA level, 33-109 AS.

I'll see whether I can get this to render completely in Maxwell. It might be possible because TFD allows its files to be converted into VDB files by a using a separate Console app that Jawset provides. Maxwell can load the VDBs. All the rest is regular geometry.

@ Markc: I would want to use Zbrush and a good photo library of materials, but neither of those are on hand.

Make clouds thicker and fluffier with deeper shadows.
Texture it, surely you can find something online can´t you?

But..what kind of style and look within the textures are you looking for?
Zbrush to texture? try blender, or why not sculptris if it can load the mesh, the UV tiles mapping is not the best though.

Is it to be animated or just more of concept art stills?

Back