Character concepts

bluerider

Graham Toms
Please start posting Characters here. Human, animal or mechanical but definitley no Monsters.......just kidding, Monsters allowed.

Here's one I did awhile ago. The final character turned out a bit different.

Last edited:
heres my rhino - hes a dogeball player. has been made in 3d too. well a WIP.

Attachments

• rhino_color03-S.jpg
    rhino_color03-S.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 751
Nice work s2-speedy,

How far along is the wip....I'll like to see a side view of him :thumbsup:

Kuzey

sorry for the long delay... I got the model here to show of my rhino. he still not posed yet thou. but i will prob pose him sittin down after the game like he has been battered by the dodgeballs with black eyes and plasters etc :D

hope u like.

Attachments

• Clothes_WIP02.jpg
    Clothes_WIP02.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 799
  • RHINO_F-EXP01.jpg
    RHINO_F-EXP01.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 704
as i'm pretty rubbish at 2d sketching [though i am trying to learn] so i sketch in zbrush from a ball or a zspehre starting point..

here's frank:-

i'll be retopologising him to make it a animation friendly polymesh.:thumbsup:

zb_frank_cannon_002.jpg

here's the 2d sketch..of tom...that morphed into 'frank' once inside zbrush!

the 2d sketch was done in art rage 2.5 whilst i get to grips with 2d, drawing and the wacom tablet [bamboo medium]

tom001.jpg

s2-speedy said:
sorry for the long delay... I got the model here to show of my rhino. he still not posed yet thou. but i will prob pose him sittin down after the game like he has been battered by the dodgeballs with black eyes and plasters etc :D

hope u like.

Thats great to see the development from your 2D to 3D thanks for sharing.

Try and round of the squareness a little in the Rhinos body and the top of his back, I think then you'll get a more organic look. :)

cresshead=i'll be retopologising him to make it a animation friendly polymesh.
-----------------------------
retopologising, retopologising, retopologising hadn't heard that before. I can't pronounce that let alone remember the spelling.

P.S. lets see the update of your characters head now for the mesh flow.

Here's one from 5 years ago when I got bored at work :) I haven't really done much in recent years - too busy with other stuff :(

Attachments

• frogger01b.jpg
    frogger01b.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 796
Other stuff....yikes.

Get some colored crayons and if you get out at lunch, scribble on a piece of paper. :)

Stuff

A couple of images that might possibly come handy to someone.

an Alien - well, a classic UFO sectoid actually, just modified to be not a brainless yet brainy clone, but a real character :)
a priest - ummm. A religious maniak?
rogue dwarf - "Gimme your money or I'll cut your knees off!" :)

Attachments

• Nyari1.jpg
    Nyari1.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 689
  • priest.jpg
    priest.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 667
  • rogue dwarf.jpg
    rogue dwarf.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 719
The last sketch is by far the strongest, character wise. There is a real presence about him even though he wears dark shaded glasses.

The the gesture of the hand and the way you have framed him in the arch way makes this a well balanced composition. :thumbsup:

Back