CG Player over live set

n9103h

George Collins
I am totally a newbee. I have liveset doing what I want when I want it. DDR playing in effects, camera on green screen. I want to add a lower third text only on to the live set. "Olive Crest News .... OCN"
I have built the line in CG Designer, I have it in player, I do not have the active brain cells to get it on the bottom of the PGM out as a lower third text.

Any suggestions appreciated.

thanks

George Collins
The Next Mayor of Santa Ana....

Dsk

Can you put the Character Generator in the DSK source and use it there or is there a reason you didn't want to do that?

Kris

Kris, Let me look, on the switcher I did assign CGP to DSK, but could never get it to show. Is that what you are referencing. I am very new to vt5. You are caying character generator, I am saying character player... let me go play with it. thanks

Yes, Use the gererator and check "out to switcher". better then the player.

thanks
george

You are caying character generator, I am saying character player... let me go play with it. thanks
These are not the same, but also note that there is a switch in CG Designer that has to be set to show its output on the Switcher, if you go that route. The name escapes me just now, but someone will know [edit - there ya go :) ].

Yeah, "Out put to switcher" I think is what you are referencing. I got it.... I was so happy last night I could have.... SMILE

One more question if I may, I have an RS-8, I can not get the DSK FADE/ DSK TAKE buttons to work... BAD RS-8 or is there a secret switch. I used to play Valcurie on UNIX and we always had to find secrets. I feel a little like the old days,.

All in all I am so impressed with what I can do I would make a commerical for Newtek...

Any thoughts? the DSK/FADE/TAKE work with the mouse on screen perfectly, just not on the RS-8

Back