Capture Full Recordings from Multiple NDI Cameras at Once?

scottbaker

We have some events that I need to capture the full recordings with audio from multiple sources into my TriCaster 410 Plus and edit them in post with Final Cut Pro. Is this possible in TriCaster to get full recordings of all cameras instead of just the capture of the Program feed with camera cuts live?

Yes, if you open the input property window, there is capture option. If I recall, the 410+ will capture up to 4 channels between inputs and outputs.

It is recommended that you don't record more than two channel per hard drive, you will need to add some external storage to the system to record all four channels. Make sure you do some testing (I would recommend recording for a while to make sure), just to make sure that whatever external storage you connect will keep up. I highly recommend not capturing more than one channel per external USB3 hard drive (despite whatever the performance numbers are on a USB3 drive, I find they often cannot sustain those performance numbers over a long recording).

The recordings will be in native NDI format, but you can convert them into ProRes (or other formats) using the TriCaster Export tool or using Shutter Encoder (which is available on PC and Mac).

1685742713568.png

Hi, I have the same issue for a green screen production where we have different cameras from different angles and only one audio signal from a mixing desk. I can assign the jack inputs of the tricaster to the different inputs BUT it doesn't record the audio in the capture stream. It makes it difficult in the postproduction to synchronise the clips and if I would decide to only capture the camera video and not the PGM, I risk to have no sound at all...

ISOrecording of sources occurs pre-processing. Functions like audio routing, sweeting, color correction are applied after recording has taken place. If you want to perform any of these functions, you need to route the video/audio into a MIX output and then record that output which will be post-processing.

Last edited:
Do you have ´free´ MIX Outputs on your TriCaster available?
In Output setup configuration you can select your Video Sources (IN1, +++) and ´link´ your Master Audio signat to these for a recording using this Tricaster ´road´.

Hi thanks for the replies, the main constraint is in the way of recording the mixes: we use Canon N500 in 4K and would like to have the cameras recorded as well in 4K but as far as I saw, you can record only one mix in 4K, otherwise you have all the mixes in 1080p. So no way to handle that in the Tricaster TC1Pro?

Back