Can't zoom into model...

Samoht VII

Hi guys,

Have a problem when i zoom into my models in layout.
i have a character model and a large plane as the ground. When i try and zoom in onto my character it gets cut off and i can't get close to it.
Is it the depth buffer or field of view or something. I have heard about it but can't seem to change the settings anywhere. Why doesn't it just let me zoom in infinitely like modeller.

Thanks

Try to activate and change "Fixed near clip dist."

Preferences->Display->Fixed near clip dist.

Vector

To add to what's already been said, I strongly recommend hotkeying "center view on current item" (if it's not already a default hotkey in LW). Definitely a frequent-use function in Lightwave.

two more tips: When loading objects, if you load a small object and set the camera, and then load a larger object (much larger) the camera might move to another location to show the large object.
depending on the size of the object you want to focus you have to set the grid size to something more adequate.

Select the object then use the "Fit Selected Items in Views" command. I have that command set to "Shift A" but I am not sure if that is the default shortcut.

Select the object then use the "Fit Selected Items in Views" command. I have that command set to "Shift A" but I am not sure if that is the default shortcut.
It is "Shift-A" by default, and if nothing is selected, it will zoom in on the whole object mesh, if something is selected, it will zoom in even more narrow to just that selection.
Actually zooming in mesh object Only regardless of selection, you should just use "a", the above "shift -A" is sort of multifunctional.

You can also go to edit/display options/interface...and then check use mouse wheel zoom zoom, this will allow you to zoom in with the middle mouse scroll button if you have one, and it will zoom in where you are having your mouse cursor placed.

Back