Blower effect

RegenerateWolf

So, I am somewhat new to LW, and am still trying to figure out some of the tools, and how to create specific effects. I'm currently working on a video where a character examines debris, pulls out a blower and proceeds to checkup the mess.
Unfortunately, I don't know how to create the effect of the Blower blowing the debris away. I've tried to look up tutorials on this effect(but for some reason, there is none), and the "wind" effect isn't achieving what I want. Again, I've just started using LW, so I'm looking for help on how to achieve this effect.

And in case it helps, the debris is just a shattered cube.

So, I am somewhat new to LW, and am still trying to figure out some of the tools, and how to create specific effects. I'm currently working on a video where a character examines debris, pulls out a blower and proceeds to checkup the mess.
Unfortunately, I don't know how to create the effect of the Blower blowing the debris away. I've tried to look up tutorials on this effect(but for some reason, there is none), and the "wind" effect isn't achieving what I want. Again, I've just started using LW, so I'm looking for help on how to achieve this effect.

And in case it helps, the debris is just a shattered cube.

You first need to establish for us here what Lightwave version you are using ...And if you started this with the old hardfx and wind dynamics system ?or the bullet pieces and it´s bullet forces?
bullet forces should be able to blow any bullet pieces away, it´s a matter of tweaking it right...and perhaps adding extremly small dust debris as particles, though bullet forces can not puch particles so you need to sync match to some degree wih standard particles and old windfx

You first need to establish for us here what Lightwave version you are using ...And if you started this with the old hardfx and wind dynamics system ?or the bullet pieces and it´s bullet forces?
bullet forces should be able to blow any bullet pieces away, it´s a matter of tweaking it right...and perhaps adding extremly small dust debris as particles, though bullet forces can not puch particles so you need to sync match to some degree wih standard particles and old windfx

I'm using lightwave 2015.3. I started with bullet dynamics(I started with a cube that gets thrown and shatters when it hits the ground). You might have to explain the particles thing a little more as I haven't really used particles yet(As I said I'm just starting out).
I'm not sure if this matters or would help,but the clip starts with the cube shattering, character walks in, then proceeds to blow mess away. I set the cube to dynamic parts body under bullet dynamics, shape is set to mesh, mass distribution is set to solid, and mass specification is set to Given mass(40.0 kg?). I think everything else is set to default for the settings of the cube/debris.
At this point, I haven't been able to move the debris at all. If you know of a Tutorial that could help me here, or know what I need to do to fix this, i'd appreciate it.

Last edited:
I'm using lightwave 2015.3. I started with bullet dynamics(I started with a cube that gets thrown and shatters when it hits the ground). You might have to explain the particles thing a little more as I haven't really used particles yet(As I said I'm just starting out).
I'm not sure if this matters or would help,but the clip starts with the cube shattering, character walks in, then proceeds to blow mess away. I set the cube to dynamic parts body under bullet dynamics, shape is set to mesh, mass distribution is set to solid, and mass specification is set to Given mass(40.0 kg?). I think everything else is set to default for the settings of the cube/debris.
At this point, I haven't been able to move the debris at all. If you know of a Tutorial that could help me here, or know what I need to do to fix this, i'd appreciate it.

to little information on what you use to blow the parts away with? old legacy wind effects or do you use bullet forces?

Lightwave 3d group has some tutorials...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyYzvmJokYU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPmH2iwHNS0

Back