Blender LWO exporters

I have been using the OD Tools to get my objects from LW to blender. In Modeler, I use the OD_LWCopyToExternal. Then in Blender, use the PasteFromExternal. Seamless. Same process going back to LW from blender.

Hmmm. That might be a good way to stick my toe, so to speak, into the Blender.

The Daz Bridges are, well, ...

Hmmm. That might be a good way to stick my toe, so to speak, into the Blender.

The Daz Bridges are, well, ...
The other great way to stick my toe into blender was because it also imports MDD files from LW. I still prefer rigging and animating in LW. So I animate in LW and bring the model and the MDD into blender.

The other great way to stick my toe into blender was because it also imports MDD files from LW. I still prefer rigging and animating in LW. So I animate in LW and bring the model and the MDD into blender.
To render LW creations in Cycles ? Do you have a preferred workflow for textures in that scenario ?

To render LW creations in Cycles ? Do you have a preferred workflow for textures in that scenario ?
Actually, the thing that attracted me to blender was the EEVEE renderer. It renders in seconds per frame. The work I’m currently doing doesn’t require photorealism. Plus, I’m still trying to get render times down with Cycles.

As far as texturing goes, I’ve been setting up the textures and materials in blender. Unfortunately, the procedural textures that LW has cannot be carried over (I miss the LW procedurals!). There’s a lot of similarities. I suppose you could try to save out a FBX from LW, but you’d only get image maps. I’m doing the animation in blender also, unless it requires a rigged character, then I do that in LW. My advice is to learn setting up the materials in blender. It’s actually not that hard.

OD tools is there merely for simple object translation without respect for textures, for
best export save out to obj, fbx, or alembic, quick shapes and meshes over to either or lightwave, for instance sculpting a quick shape in blender, and OD copy and paste to lightwave, extract a sculpt mask to mesh and send to lightwave etc.

There´s some issues if you try and save out polyedges to blender with the OD tools, where obj is the way to go.

As for the exporters, the first and second is made in 2014? made for blender 2.69, so no surprise it won´t work in latest blender.
The exporter plugin is for blender 2.8, no surprise not working in later blender versions either.

I have been using the OD Tools to get my objects from LW to blender. In Modeler, I use the OD_LWCopyToExternal. Then in Blender, use the PasteFromExternal. Seamless. Same process going back to LW from blender.
Yeah me too when I have a modeling issue I know Blender can solve for me, but for actual work or scenes I create in Blender I have been saving out .FBX's and importing them.

Back