Better stand-alone CG programs

ScorpioProd

XDCAM HD production
Kinda a different spin on the similar thread:

Are there any better stand-alone or included in NLE CG programs out there for scrolling?

I ask this since I thought that Inscriber Title Motion Pro which comes with Canopus EDIUS might be better than our CG, but then I read a bunch of stuff in the Canopus forums on how bad their scrolls looked unless you did a lot of complex math to make the scroll speed match video refresh rate.

So doesn't anyone have a true high quality scrolling CG???

Funny you ask I was hunting the web today for the same thing.... (which I have not found anything really as of yet) But I would assume the titler in SpeedEdit must be better since it can do HD???

ScorpioProd said:
Kinda a different spin on the similar thread:

Are there any better stand-alone or included in NLE CG programs out there for scrolling?

I ask this since I thought that Inscriber Title Motion Pro which comes with Canopus EDIUS might be better than our CG, but then I read a bunch of stuff in the Canopus forums on how bad their scrolls looked unless you did a lot of complex math to make the scroll speed match video refresh rate.

So doesn't anyone have a true high quality scrolling CG???
The best, and now made for toaster, is TitleBox from PlayBox.
It is used previously with AirBox and as a standalone CG also- it is VERY professional.
Go to www.playbox.tv
or ask Newtek

I believe the software was $300.

Not bad if it's decent.

I think that is all we would need.

Jim_C said:
I believe the software was $300.

Not bad if it's decent.

I think that is all we would need.

Unless I've missed something, it looks like the software is dongled to the board. Couldn't find anything about standalone - except for the remote create and edit package.

:stumped:

IMPERIAL said:
Just downloaded TitleBox... its impressive. It works with VT3 too.

I'm actually looking for a standalone program that I can integrate into a live truck.... gonna need a capture board, too.

Demo.. cant find price list on the site...
It looks like its perfect for live events..but I dont see any way to use it with NLE.

900 Euro sounds too much for 5MB software...(atleast thats how big the demo is)

Jim Capillo said:
I'm actually looking for a standalone program that I can integrate into a live truck.... gonna need a capture board, too.

Dont know what you mean by standalone exactly.. but titlebox is independent from vt interface..it showup in DSK menu and the interface is separate program... it can be controled via network too ...so if you have VT in the truck.. this might be usefull to you.

Capture board? Why not VT.. as i see it. its cheeper then buying stand alone character generator with limited software in it.

Also try http://www.vizrt.com/ for other software.

IMPERIAL said:
Dont know what you mean by standalone exactly.. but titlebox is independent from vt interface..it showup in DSK menu and the interface is separate program... it can be controled via network too ...so if you have VT in the truck.. this might be usefull to you.

Capture board? Why not VT.. as i see it. its cheeper then buying stand alone character generator with limited software in it.

Also try http://www.vizrt.com/ for other software.

Standalone = dedicated titler program not tied to any one output board. Right now, I am looking at some older Chyron CG's on eBay. Some of these things out there are cheesy looking on-air.

How about an Amiga Video Toaster? ;) That thing had gorgeous output, even if the UI was a bit clunky.

-MG.

Back