AR as a part of Virtual Set

naveensaji

Hi all,
I have a situation, where I need to trigger an AR element inside a virtual set. Infact the AR element (with data) should be popped out of a Virtual Plasma (a 3d scene) inside the Virtual Set. (like in VizRT official video of BIG AR SHOW)

1: The AR element should be designed separately or as a part of Virtual Set?
2: The AR element would carry user defined data. So, if it’s been designed as a part of Virtual Set how would I pass the data (ie. player’s stats) to main set from a callup scene?

Anybody can suggest me any idea to execute this please...

Thanks in advance

AR in VS.JPG

Attachments

• AR in VS.JPG
    AR in VS.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 1
Hi
I am in doubt about what you need, what vizrt show here is the "window" effect on the back ground, not VR.

we do it everyday, and this is how:

1. there are 2 engines, one "wall" engine and one AR
2. there is one scene. in that scene there is a script checking for engine name (*this can be an issue if you change engines just before the show)
3. We use clipper to define which elements are rendered in each engine. the script in the top of the tree set the clipper state and the camera state (window or perspective)
4. the control app (in our case Mosart but it can be any) talks only to the wall engine. the wall engine forward the command to the AR engine.

if your back is chrome key and not LED/Screen then all this is not needed. you only need to trigger key ON on the AR engine when elements should be in front of the presenter.

adishin Thanks for the reply. As you described, i guess my requirement is a bit different than the pic i shown above. Can you please suggest me a way to tackle the following situation.

My setup is this.
Viz Artist, Virtual Set & Trio
Have multiple Engines for Virtual Set (for different Cams). And I trigger ARs in the same engine via Trio (by TL).
I have a Virtual Set having a Virtual Video Wall. I wish to load ARs in this "Virtual" Video Wall and on a user command it should pop out from the Virtual wall to a AR platform inside the Set. And my ARs would be carrying information (such as soccer player stats....etc) as well.

1: How i should design the scene : Virtual Set and AR separate OR design AR element inside the virtual set itselt (then just callup the Layer via TL) ?
2: If i create the AR design inside the VR Set then how would i send data (Player's stats) from a callup scene to Main Set.

If anyone has any thought on this, please share it.

Thanks

Last edited:
No Title

Hi naveensaji
per your request, here is a script we have on the root container in the 3D scene.

Attachments

• script of 3D scene.txt
    5.2 KB · Views: 4
  • photo1517.jpg
    photo1517.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 2
Hi naveensaji
per your request, here is a script we have on the root container in the 3D scene.

Hi thanks for sharing the script. but i'm a bit confused with scene structure and is there another script on the clipper container ?
if you can share an example scene that would be great . i'm still experimenting this technique
thank

Back