Anyone familiar with this situation who could give some context?

RPSchmidt

So I have been subscribed to bryphi's YouTube channel for a while and remained subscribed even after his first hiatus from Lightwave (I rarely review my subscriptions, even if the content creator hasn't posted in a while).

He recently posted a video that was a little misleading and also a bit baffling. The upshot is that he is once again departing from Lightwave and taking down his Lightwave videos, but I guess I'm not familiar with his situation or the controversy he is alluding to in the video.

Finally Upgrading!!!

Also who the heck is Mommy Jo?

I understand if this topic isn't worth addressing, but I must have missed all the original (and current?) drama and was just curious.

His videos is still there now..so not sure if he said he will take them down.
As for his personal hiatus, he is special in that regards, I´ve got some love from him to.
He takes a lot very personally, it´s his choice as well as to publish his opinions on it, to whatever benefit he can get from it.
he constantly switches on a dime from being nice to talk to to something completely different.

Because of one person getting back in the new Lightwave group, it´s a total change, if that is the reason for changing from upgrading to not upgrading, it probably won´t make any sense to you, me or many others, but..that is him, guess it´s the Marketing thing, then again..he has that video covering marketing :)

You may not understand it, but it shouldn´t be of relevance for you or any other that should be focus on something else than personal hiatus.

As for marketing, perhaps in hindsight he may be right, or not..we have to see.
As for using blender the way he would, pretty much what I do as well, sculpting, geometry nodes for modeling, and skin modifiers, curves, basic modeling task I prefer to go with
Lightwave modeler.

The lightwave team must adress to get a forum going..I really thought it should be in place by now..so do that and do that rapidly, and take advice on marketing, they need something else than the past marketing strategies, that I agree on..but with a more gentle voice expressed.

I think I should write a letter to the new lw team, demanding them to apologize, free upgrade as well..yeah, that will do it. :ROFLMAO: (not so serious)
For me, no upgrade the first times, the proof needs to be there in the next releases to as where it goes, and how well they handle the development.
marketing wise, they need to try something new than being rebels, but first they need user input as well, and drop discord and get a forum going ASAP.
The users will be the most important source of content, and that is the Showcasing, and a lot of work to retreive that work from pro´s as well is needed.

There are some of it in place, but a bit too old, that was on the lightwave page, still is, but they need to structure this better, and another important thing, you can´t have blogs without updates in a frequent manner.

I suspect the marketing part and those responsible is where the issue is in this context, and something around the work and contribution he has done, where he seems to feel entitled to or have earned somekind of respect from the lightwave teams, though I am not sure how that´s gonna turn out with new people onboard, or some old ones getting back.

Last edited:
I understand if this topic isn't worth addressing, but I must have missed all the original (and current?) drama and was just curious.
It really wouldn't be fair for me to allow conversations about someone who isn't free to respond here to anything he might agree or disagree with, so with all due respect, I'm going to close this thread - no offense. (And yes, I know I'm late curtailing posts here altogether as discussed last week ... just busy, sorry.)

Back