all 4 channels of skype are black

dhodlick

The SkypeTX cannot reconnect to them. All 4 channels on the VS4000 are black. They can see the return video, but not "S" logo, no shifting colors, nothing. This just started tonight, after being powered on and running 100% all damn day

Any ideas?

Ver 2.0.200521

Looks like Microsoft released a Skype TX channel update which someone clicked on and installed on the unit thru Skype TX Control. I'm not sure what updates on need on our end, but this should not be installed yet.

View attachment 148409

Re-install TalkShow v200521 and it will put the previous Skype TX channel software on the system, and ignore the channel update for now.

Attachments

• SkypeTXChannel.png
    SkypeTXChannel.png
    87.4 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:
I am seeing this as well. I have rebooted the box, pulled power etc. When I reboot it doesn't come back. The only way to get back operational is to update the Newtek software again. But if you try to close and reopen the software it drops again.

Doing that roll back of versioning in Skype causes the channel to freeze completely and doesn't resolve the issue without another flash

Doing that roll back of versioning in Skype causes the channel to freeze completely and doesn't resolve the issue without another flash

It appears the MS pushed an update in the background. I did not update anything and we were still destroyed last night by this. The patch that Kane posted above has stabilized the system this morning. I've been up and running for about 2 hours without a failure.

Note: if you are using the skype channels on the TC1, you also have to run this patch on the TC1 as well as the VS100/4000

You just changed your version in the Skype TX application? Whenever I do that, it locks the channel up. I have 2 - 4000 units and 2 - 100 units that are all doing the same thing.
If I close the Newtek application - it goes back to black outputs

You just changed your version in the Skype TX application? Whenever I do that, it locks the channel up. I have 2 - 4000 units and 2 - 100 units that are all doing the same thing.
If I close the Newtek application - it goes back to black outputs

Did you run the patch Kane posted in the second post of this thread?

I don't see the patch in his post. Support did send me the article and I applied it all my machines and it's working

I don't see the patch in his post. Support did send me the article and I applied it all my machines and it's working

Well crap. Sorry man - I guess he posted it in my other thread in the Tricaster forum. Sorry about that, but I am glad you got it sorted.

We can use the TalkShow by installing the latest updater.
But, the logo of the Skype is old version.

The companies of broadcasting can not use the this version.

We are getting an issue where the VS4000 is seeing black on all NDI outputs from the TriCaster TC1, but the VS100s on the network are seeing it fine. The VS4000 can also see other NDI outputs from other sources.

Is this the same error that others here are experiencing? There is no connection issue, but to the VS4000 the TC1 is black.

Are you talking about the return to the Skype caller video being black?

We constantly have this issue which is easily resolved by setting the Return to Caller Tab - Video Format from Auto to 1080i and then back to Auto.

Are you talking about the return to the Skype caller video being black?

We constantly have this issue which is easily resolved by setting the Return to Caller Tab - Video Format from Auto to 1080i and then back to Auto.

That is the situation. The issue came up when using one NIC for video, one for Dante audio. Disabling the Dante NIC brought the video back. Still trying to diagnose, as our Dante audio is getting pops when on the video network.

Thanks for the tip. I'll try it if it comes up again.

Kim Henderson

Back