AI steals jobs right here in my home town!

Audio Ai is way more powerful than i though it was...
just hum the sound, draw splines, insert breath - Voila!
Incredible .

more SORA video

Y'know @erikals I recently went out and purchased the Nuke Studio (Nuke, Modo, Mari) and Katana for about 5000 Euros.

It was a hefty amount, but it was also the last time the Foundry was gonna offer the software as permanent licenses.
It is a good deal, because the whole package allows a person to download ALL of the versions going back 10 years for Mac, Linux and Windows.
...to match whatever computer or operating system you're using.
They offered it to me at a discount so I decided to get them because I wanted to own the high end software which is slowly being taken away from us.

Thing is about Sora is won't allow you to own your own software & the digital output that goes along with it.
The whole idea is to take away software ownership and ip rights from you.

This is similar to factory owners during the Industrial Revolution who forced the loommakers to give up their equipment and work for them.
this AI business is the same cycle & destruction repeating itself over again...200 years later.
The Big Companies just want to own all the tools, the output and force everyone to work for them & deny artists access to the tools.
so that's why I've said the only way to defend your ip is to own your own computer, equipment and software.
AI may be able to outproduce us, but it can't out own us.

I think visual artists are among the few artisans who can visually establish clear ownership over their work and not give in to AI.
And if you own your own software, computers, you don't ave to work for anyone else.
I think that's a major reason why they're trying to eliminate permanent software, so you have to 'work for the man'

Like Karl Marx said, if you don't own your own means of production and what you produce, you don't own nothin'.

Last edited:

Sora AI is pretty much subscription, yes,
and that is not great, I agree.
but we can't really argue that a lot of people still go for subscription.
and if the majority is 1 mile ahead, not following won't be an option.

but i do hope that we will have something like Sora Ai perpetual, in the future.

and like you, i buy perpetual whenever i can.
(just bought iClone + Cascadeur)

as for AI Art versus Traditional Art, it will be an interesting race, to say the least.

Back